Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Retired Group Coordinator Introduction

Retired Group Coordinator Introduction

Postby tommysmommy21004 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:46 pm

by tommysmommy21004 (1215 Posts), Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:46 pm

Hello, fellow New Yorkers!! My name is Deanna Smith-Powers and I’m the group coordinator for NYS for the Preeclampsia Foundation. I am 30 years old, married to a wonderful man named Tom, and mommy to Thomas James. My son and I are both survivors of preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.

I would like to get to know each and every one of you and hopefully work together to get the word out about preeclampsia and other pregnancy-induced hypertensive illnesses. The PF is a wonderful group and is, and has been, working on many ways to raise awareness to our cause.

I encourage you to share your stories, ideas, and suggestions with myself and other members of the PF. While we’re on that subject, I am very interested in finding out what you would like to see done in NYS to raise awareness to the cause. What you like to see done? Do you have any special talents or hobbies that you think might be beneficial to our group?

We are always interested in anyone who may have had fundraising experiences. I am hoping to build a support network for NYS with support groups locally each region of NY. I am also thinking about getting a website for us to share, plan, and organize. Please bare with me as I am just starting out as group coordinator for a pretty big state. I can use all of the help and suggestions I can get right now.

The PF is currently working on plans for a walkathon on May 7th. I am not sure where we stand for this state right now concerning that as we’re just getting started and I’m not too sure whether or not we’d be able to arrange anything in time. However, if anyone would really like to get a walkathon going in their area, please let me know and I’ll see what we can do.

I want to thank you all for your time and look forward to hearing from you real soon.

Sincerely,

Deanna Smith-Powers
Group Coordinator for PF-NYS

Deanna Smith-Powers (30)

Mommy to Thomas James, b.2/10/04 @ 34 weeks due to severe pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Diagnosed with prothrombin genetic mutations-12/28/04
tommysmommy21004

Return to New York