Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Get your motors running for WAT

Get your motors running for WAT

Postby molly419 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 00:38 am

Alright, its time to get excited and revved up for the 2006 Walk a Thon!
Calling out for volunteers and help planning this wonderful event.

I am so excited to be hosting this years Walk A Thon in Harrisburg. What a wonderful opportunity to bring awareness and voice right to the Capital. I am looking at City Island for the location, but open to suggestions. This walk will be a success, when you, the reader of the post offer support and/or volunteer your time, wisdom, and most importantly your feet.

Consider helping with:

Potential Sponsors:Send any information to my email, so that I can mail out the offical Preeclampsia Foundation letter for donations to the company.
You will be suprised at how generous local companies are if you just ask!

Walkers:Walkers are what makes the Walk A Thon such a success and impact on the community. Think of the impact difference of 50 walkers compared to 20. Recruit friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, your doctor, fellow members of a club, that guy from your bowling league, your mother in law. Let our goal be that each person who has been touched by Preeclmapisa/HELLP to recruit 5 walkers. Come on, I know you all can do that!

Please consider your talents, and how you can impact the walk to be a success. Little or big, every effort makes such a difference.

Don't hesitate to contact me at mlaureto@yahoo.com and suggestions are always welcomed. I hope to hear from you all soon!

Molly Laureto
molly419

Re : Get your motors running for WAT

Postby molly419 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 01:25 pm

Hi again! Im bumping this post up, now that the holidays are almost over. Im sure many of us are going to have a lot more free time.

For the Harrisburg Walk-A-Thon, we are still in need of volunteers. I promise you, I will not ask for more than 3 hours if you can volunteer at the walk. We will be needing volunteers to man the silent auction table, make phone calls inviting friends and family out for the walk, and a couple to accept donations raised and hand out t-shirts on the day of the walk. Or one hour of your time, asking that generous boss of yours to make an donation. [:D]

And of course, still looking for walkers. Lets have a big informal Preeclampsia Foundation get together! Lets make such a huge impact on the city, what no one will ask again "what is preeclampsia?"

Again, feel free to contact either myself or Heather Moore(hmoore) for more information!
molly419

Return to Pennsylvania