Post Reply FAQ Members Login

PA 2006 Golf Scramble

PA 2006 Golf Scramble

Postby Dawn D » Wed Jun 28, 2006 00:45 am

Pennsylvania is taking a "swing" toward raising awareness and funds for Preeclampsia research!

2006 Charity Golf Scramble
Monday, October 2, 2006

all proceeds to benefit PF

Bella Vista Golf Course, Gilbertsville, PA
shotgun start at 9 a.m.
lunch barbeque included

Entry Forms and more detailed info can be obtained. Contact me directly at dkkd@wi.rr.com

All PF members, especially those from PA and surrounding areas, are invited to join in the fun!

Even if you don't golf, you can still help in the following ways
:

- request an entry form and sign up your team (discount for teams registered by August 1st)
- spread the word to family, friends and co-workers about the event and recruit golfers (male and female golfers needed!)
- collect and send donations in support of the event (easy way to help make a difference)
- recommend and/or secure business sponsorships (great advertising for new area businesses ) Contact me or our state coordinator, Molly (pennsylvania@preeclampsia.org) for more detailed info on this process.
- donate a raffle item (are you a vendor, or work for a store who could provide a theme basket, gift certificate, or product?)
- sign on to help the day of the event

THANKS!

Dawn D

Re : PA 2006 Golf Scramble

Postby hmoore » Wed Jun 28, 2006 06:31 pm

Dawn -
I will do anything I can to help out, just let me know.
hmoore

Postby Dawn D » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:24 pm

thanks Heather! I'll shoot you a direct email by the end of the week to discuss further.

Dawn D

Postby allic » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:22 pm

How far is this from Sunbury, PA? (Lots of family...lots of golfing family up that way) [:)]
allic

Postby Dawn D » Sat Jul 01, 2006 01:28 pm

Hi Alli!

I'm guessing a bit but I think it is less than 2 and 1/2 hours. Your family may be familiar if you mention Reading or King of Prussia.

to all:
Bella Vista golf course ( www.bellavistagc.com) is located near Pottstown.....BETWEEN READING AND KING OF PRUSSIA about 1/2 hour from Reading, 40 minutes from King of Prussia and about 1 hour from Philadelphia.

Thanks again, Alli for your interest. If anyone you know wants to participate, I can mail entry forms and additional info directly to them!

~Dawn
Dawn D

Postby heather h » Mon Jul 31, 2006 02:01 pm

Hello,

I just wanted to find out what it takes to try and get a business involved to sponsor? I work at a large insurance company and might see if they would be interested in sponsoring - would I be giving people a pin or something if they donate?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!
(i'm in Allentown, Pa)

heather h

Postby Dawn D » Mon Jul 31, 2006 03:25 pm

Hi Heather!

Thanks so much for your interest in helping! I have a formal letter that announces the golf event and defines the Foundation and our cause. It includes a list of benefits that any company/business would receive in return for donation or sponsorship. Depending on the amount given, there is opportunity for hole signage advertising on the day of event, logo on event t-shirts, free entry for 2 golfers, etc). I will email you directly with more detail on the process of reaching out to corporations for support of this fundraiser.

Again, thanks for using your connection to help make a difference !

Dawn
Dawn D

Postby aaronsmommy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 07:11 pm

Hi Dawn! I would be interested in helping out the day of the event. I live in Pottstown so I am very near by. You can email em any time.
aaronsmommy

Postby Dawn D » Wed Aug 09, 2006 01:04 am

Don't golf?? Live too far away to participate??
Here’s a way you can still support this fundraiser

Consider if you or your business can fund any of the following event prizes:

$25 donations - Gift Certificate for local fine dining restaurant
$50 donations - Gift Certificate for round of golf
$75 donations - Golf Gift Basket (one round of golf with a cart-good ANYTIME, golf towel, golf hat, yardage book, logo ball, repair tool and ball marker).
$100 donations - Cash prize

(note: there are benefits for businesses that donate $50 or more)

Simply follow these steps:

1. Email me directly (dkkd@wi.rr.com) to express your interest and I will share mailing address for donations being given specifically to support this event.
2. Send a check made out to the Preeclampsia Foundation (note "PA Golf Scramble" in memo line).
3. Indicate the item you are interested in "gifting", and your name will be listed the day of the event as the donator of that specific item. We can even indicate if your donation is being made in honor or memory of a loved one affected by Preeclampsia or HELLP.
4. We will take care of compiling and presenting the actual prize/gift!

*of course general donations to the cause can be made to the Foundation’s Minnetonka, MN address at any time

THANKS FOR CONSIDERING SUPPORTING IN THIS WAY!

~ Dawn
Dawn D

Postby molly419 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 07:34 am

I know that Dawn is still looking for golfers!

Please pass this around your place of employment, ask friends and family, hang up a flyer at your grocery store. You know your community better than any of us, and have the ability to get the public signed up.

Members, we need your help! Please help us make the contacts!
:)
molly419

Next

Return to Pennsylvania