PA WALK-A-THN planning call this week

PA WALK-A-THN planning call this week

Postby Dawn D » Mon Mar 17, 2008 08:14 pm

[:D] I'm so glad to share that a PA member has stepped up to lead the planning for a local W-A-T [:D]
Kelly L. has organized walks in the past for another non-profit, and is excited to dive right in to get a plan set in time for the '08 national PF walk (scheduled for Mother's Day weekend)!

Many of you expressed interest in being part of a team.... and your help is still needed!

PLEASE join the planning call set for later this week:
Thursday, March 20th, 7PM

Reply ASAP if you can participate in the call....or reply even if you are unable to make the call, but have interest in helping with the WAT. We will provide call-in instructions to those who can participate.

Help make our state event a success...and support the "bigger" goal of better outcomes for those affected by Preeclampsia and related disorders!

Dawn D

Re : PA WALK-A-THN planning call this week

Postby molly419 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:29 am

Kelly and Dawn,

I can not make the phone call, but I would like to participate in the walk and help with the any aspect of the WAT.

Please contact me over email with what areas need volunteers. I am comfortable with any task.
molly419

Postby rosemary » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:00 pm

Dawn - where are you planning (location) to walk?

And Molly...what a lovely new avatar...I love your longer hair! You are gorgeous!!
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby Dawn D » Wed Mar 19, 2008 00:39 am

I think Kelly is trying to secure something over the next couple days....she's waiting to hear back about City Island or something central PA.
Dawn D

Postby molly419 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 07:50 am

Thanks Rosemary!
molly419

Postby catherine » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:20 am

Quick question... 7 pm whose time?
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby Dawn D » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:56 am

it's just for us here in Pennsylvania so EST and we plan to be done no later than 8 pm to avoid conflict with putting kiddies to bed ;-)

Hope you can join in!
Dawn D

Postby jenniferf » Wed Mar 19, 2008 08:15 pm

I'm in for the call!
jenniferf

Postby rosemary » Wed Mar 19, 2008 09:13 pm

Dawn...that would be great. I think I might be able to make the walk. It would be wonderful to meet you gals!!
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby kllicari » Sat Mar 22, 2008 04:41 pm

Greetings All!
I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself, and to tell you how excited I am to be chairing the Walk-a-Thon in Pennsylvania.

My name is Kelly, and both of my pregnancies were affected by Preeclampsia. My daughter Mackenzie arrived a mere 4 weeks early, via vaginal delivery, after 3 1/2 weeks of bedrest, thanks to the knowledge and care that I received. The disease came on sooner with my son Jacob, and very quickly. The results were much different. This time, there was only 3 1/2 DAYS between onset and an emergency c-section delivery that was too late. It was then that I become determined to learn everything that I could about this disease. I share my story not just with every pregnant woman that I meet, but also with everyone who KNOWS a pregnant woman. I feel some consolation each time that my story motivates a pregnant woman to seek treatment sooner rather than later when she starts to exhibit signs of PE, and potentially saves a life (I know of at least 2 so far!)

While each one of us can share out story individually, and can educate a small group of people, I truly believe that by working together, we can tell the world about this disease, and, with enough money for research, can find a CURE.

To that end, I am honored to be involved in this event, and look forward to making our voices heard. Even if you can't attend the walk itself or dedicate a lot of time, there are lots of things that can be done from where you are, and we'd love to have you with us. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to offer your help. My email address is KLLicari@comcast.net.

Thanks to you all, and I look forward to an amazing Walk!

kllicari

Next

Return to Pennsylvania