Recent survivor of HELLP in Mont Co.

Recent survivor of HELLP in Mont Co.

Postby kateks » Sat Oct 22, 2011 02:12 pm

I'm looking for other HELLP survivors in Montgomery/Bucks County. My daughter was born by emergency c-section in early October. I was put on magnesium for 24 hours after the c-section. It was a traumatic event. My daughter is doing well. My recovery has been slow. Is there any support group/survivors I could talk to in Mont/Bucks County?
kateks

Re: Recent survivor of HELLP in Mont Co.

Postby dawn_d » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:06 am

Hi Kateks,
I just sent you a private message too with more detail....

but there is a wonderful group of us here on the eastern side of PA - some of us with connections very local to you. We do not currently have a specific "support group" that meets regularly, but if you are looking to share your feelings, frustrations, questions, or whatever - know that we are a "sisterhood" here, and DO understand what you've been through.
You can also find compassionate support from survivors and volunteers all across the country via the website/these boards.

....and if you'd to become more involved in making a difference for the cause while growing more connected to others, you can join our local Promise Walk efforts either as a walker participant or as a part of our planning team. http://www.promisewalk.org

Feel free to Email me directly at dawn.detweiler@preeclampsia.org
dawn_d

Postby mkbadway » Wed Dec 14, 2011 08:18 pm

Hi kateks,

I am also a recent HELLP survivor from Lehigh County. I was induced at 38w3d with mild pre-eclampsia (protein in urine and swelling only). Within 24 hours of delivering my son through an emergency c-section, I developed HELLP, DIC along with liver, kidney, lung and heart failure. I was placed in a drug induced coma for 1 weeks while on life support (ventilator and feeding tube). I was airlifted down to Philly but luckily did not need a liver transplant. My recovery was slow at first but starting to come around. I was discharged last week from the liver and kidney doctors (both levels have returned to normal. Completed dialysis) but still see a cardiologist and internal medicine physician. The mental and emotional side of things I am struggling with still, very hard to comprehend what we all go through with this syndrome. I am here if you need to talk or vent about anything. I am so glad I found this site because I know I am not alone. I never knew anything about HELLP until after I had it.
mkbadway

Postby dawn_d » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:13 am

Hi girls,
I'm so glad to have connected with both of you, and sharing again here that I'm available to listen, guide, and connect you to others at any time. Feel free to email me directly as I see those message more often than forum.

… it can be consoling and encouraging to share our experiences to help educate in our area so others might have the best outcome possible.

I’ll also be in more contact with PW updates, and local info outside of forums :-)
~Dawn
dawn_d

Postby mulholland.miracles » Wed Feb 19, 2014 01:32 pm

I would love to find a group also. I am a help survivor as well. Had an emergency C-section (under general anesthesia) Would like to talk to others and see what their future plans of conception are.
mulholland.miracles

Postby laney_p » Wed Mar 12, 2014 02:26 pm

Hey Mulholland.Miracles,

Are you in the Montgomery County area? I can put you in touch with Dawn Detweiler, who is the leader of the volunteer team nearby in Lehigh Valley or with Sarah Hughes, who is down in Philadelphia. Just let me know which you prefer and we can make sure you get in touch. We have GREAT volunteer teams in both locations that I know would enjoy talking to you about your common experience.
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Director de Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
laney_p

Return to Pennsylvania