Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Study opportunity in DFW area!

Study opportunity in DFW area!

Postby jmom08 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 08:01 pm

by jmom08 (486 Posts), Tue Jul 17, 2012 08:01 pm

Hello post-preeclampsia moms, I wanted to post a heads up about an opportunity to help preeclampsia research by participating in a study being conducted by the Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine at Texas Health Presbyterian in Dallas. This has already been reviewed and approved by the Preeclampsia Foundation and the researchers had a table at the DFW Promise Walk. I decided not to participate myself because I've got my hands full with some non-preeclampsia related health issues, but I love that the research is happening, and thought I'd put the word out for anyone who wasn't able to attend the walk and/or hadn't heard about the opportunity to participate & might be interested. I hope they get as many participants as they need and that it helps researchers better understand the disease!

For more info, it is called the Pregnancy and Hypertension study, and the contact is TiffanyBivens (@Texashealth.org).
:D
jmom08

Re: Study opportunity in DFW area!

Postby blythe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 09:38 pm

by blythe (3060 Posts), Tue Jul 17, 2012 09:38 pm

Thanks jmom08 - this sounds like an interesting study, thanks for working with us to post it!

Just an FYI, if anyone hears of other studies you think we'd like to participate in, please contact me at heather dot curtis at preeclampsia dot org and I'll help coordinate you to see what kind of PF approval you need in order to post.
Heather, mom to
#1 7-18-03 - 5#8oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#2 8-11-06 - 6#14oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#3 9-10-09 - 5#10oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
blythe

Return to Texas