I am a new member and I live in Utah.

I am a new member and I live in Utah.

Postby yee7 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 06:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
Is anyone here?
yee7

Re : I am a new member and I live in Utah.

Postby sarab » Thu Jun 19, 2008 02:26 am

Hi there,

Welcome to the boards! There are a few of us around in Utah, mostly along the Wasatch Front.

Feel free to look around and ask questions. There is a ton of information for be found here, along with an amazing support system. I hope to get to know you better!
sarab
Site Admin

Postby cindyh27 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 01:44 pm

I'm here too :) Just sent you and email... welcome to the forums! The women here are amazing... look forward to getting to know you :)

Cindy
cindyh27

Postby yee7 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 02:32 pm

Hi! My name is Tori and I had severe pre-eclampsia with my first born son. My blood pressure was 180/120 and 3+ protein in the urine. I was HUGE from water retention and they did an emergency c-section. My son was 3 pounds 7 oz at birth and we were in a hospital that was not equipped to handle both of us. My son went into respiratory distress and we could not find a doctor anywhere. We were in Evanston, Wyoming and it snowed 2 feet. We finally got the ****** life flight to come up and get our son two days later. He was rushed down to the NICU and was kept there for 1 month and I was admitted for 3 days. I was on a lot of magnesium. We are both very fortunate to be alive. My son is now 8 years old and he is a wonderful,sweet,sincere,smart,funny boy! My second pregnancy was a perfect pregnancy and I had my youngest son - he is now 6 and he is beautiful and hilarious! My doctor told me that I should not get pregnant again because sometimes pre-eclampsia jumps a pregnancy and if I got it again it could be worse. My husband and I decided that it was not worth the chance. We have two wonderful boys and we are a very close, loving family. My husband and I felt so alone with our experience because a lot of our friends and family could not relate. They will tease us for being so over protective. I don't think anyone can really understand unless you have been there. I am so grateful that I found this site. I didn't realize the emotions that are still there. Thank you! This will help a lot!
yee7

Postby cindyh27 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 02:25 pm

Tori,
Very scary... I'm so glad you two are doing well now... thanks for sharing :) Enjoy those boy's... time really flies!
cindyh27

Return to Utah