Post Reply FAQ Members Login

New here with questions!

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

New here with questions!

Postby lorit » Mon Jan 12, 2004 06:22 pm

by lorit (2 Posts), Mon Jan 12, 2004 06:22 pm

Hi Everyone! I was reading some of your posts-- it is so nice to hear women with similar concerns so I decided I needed to voice some of mine!!
I just found out that I am expecting again- due in Sept. My DD Olivia is almost 3 years old. I was diagnosed with HELLP at 38 weeks- but should have been diagnosed at 36- none of my Dr.s caught it because I didn't have the normal symptoms. (I had horrible stomach pain and vomitting and they told me the babies feet were pusing up against my stomach) Without getting into too much detail about the whole ordeal here is my question: When I went to my OB and told her I wanted to have another child she told me that I have a 50/50 chance of getting it again. She also told me that there is nothing she can do except monitor me throughout and admit me to the hospital and administer steroids.
This is not the answer I wanted to hear!! Should I insist on being referred to a high risk Dr.? or am I not considered high risk since my baby and I survived and are otherwise heathy? I do not want to go back to the same office- but my insurance is not very good and there are not a lot to choose from in my area.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Lori
lorit

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders