Measuring too big!!

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
jenseib

Re : Measuring too big!!

Postby jenseib » Sun Apr 16, 637989 9:22 am

No, they didn't do a biophysical with my first. That may be something that needs to be done when I get pregnant again.
Good Luck with preg. # 6. You are sure a trooper!

mommyboo

Postby mommyboo » Fri Feb 03, 637989 12:57 pm

I don't know that it's a correlation but I had polyhydramnios with my third and was measuring 42 weeks by the time I was 31 weeks. Have they done a biophysical?

jenseib

Postby jenseib » Mon Sep 19, 637988 3:55 am

Hi Caryn,
My son was exactly seven pounds. I can't imagine how big he would've been if he waited until his due date (1/19/07). By the looks of me everyone guessed that I had a 9 pound baby in me.

By the way you are definitely a wealth of knowledge.
Thanks for the info.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Thu Sep 08, 637988 4:19 am

Hi Jen, and welcome to the forums.

There's a known U-shaped curve in hypertensive pregnancies, which means the babies are either smaller than average, or bigger than average. This pretty much means very few of us have the standard 7 pounder at 40 weeks. [:)] Of course, measuring too big doesn't necessarily mean the babe will be big for dates -- how big was your son?

As I understand it, the way they're thinking about it right now is that either the mom's immune system fights off the placenta during implantation and growth, so the baby never grows very big in the first place, or once the baby seems to be on track to grow big enough that it might not fit out, the mom's immune system tries to start labor, the placenta fights back, and whammo, PE with a big kidlet.

I hope that makes some sense.

Good to see you around and posting!

brooklynsmom

Postby brooklynsmom » Thu Sep 08, 637988 3:12 am

Hi Jennifer! I actually had HELLP syndrome and delivered my daughter at 34 weeks 2 days. Due to my PE/HELLP syndrome, I also had In Uterine Growth Retardation, so she was only 3 lbs 10 oz, which is small for that gestational age. I was measuring about 2 weeks behind from weeks 24 on.

jenseib

Measuring too big!!

Postby jenseib » Wed Sep 07, 637988 10:25 am

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting a topic. Other than that I've just read a lot of great information. Let me just start by saying I'm so glad this foundation exsists. Before being told I had developed HELLP Syndrome I had no idea what it was and how severe it was. What's more important is that I finally have a place where I have things in common with other people.

Before I ask this question let me preface by telling everyone in short, my story. My son Jakob Ryan was born @ 36 weeks 6 days due to Class II HELLP via emergency c/s on Dec. 28, 2006. Starting on Nov. 27, 2006 when I went to visit my OB, she measured my stomach I was measuring 34 weeks, when I was really at 31 weeks. My next visit, which was Dec. 11, 2006, I was supposed to be around 34 weeks and she then measured me at 39 weeks!! yikes!!

My question to you ladies is... Does anyone know or think there is a correlation between measuring too big and having HELLP syndrome? Did anyone have a similar story?
Thank you in advance
JEN[:)]

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”