Post Reply FAQ Members Login

I don't know what to think about this...

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

I don't know what to think about this...

Postby hellpful_me » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:57 am

by hellpful_me (16 Posts), Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:57 am

I was recently at my ob/gyn's discussing birth control and asked him if he thought it was OK for me to wait a yr or 2 before ttc again (meaning I'd be 34/35). He said my last pg went so well that I shouldn't have any problems with future pgs. "Didn't I have Hellp during my last pg, too?" I asked. He said that since my liver enzymes and platelets went back to normal after a month of bedrest he no longer considered it Hellp. I should be happy to hear that, right?

This is where I don't know what to think. I lost my first baby due to Hellp/Severe PE. I lost my second baby at 6wks. Then my third pg, I get some mystery disease that is almost exactly like Hellp, but is not something at all related to the first pg. Plus ds was born 6wks early at which time we found out that the umbilical cord wasn't implanted properly into the placenta and luckily didn't break apart until after ds came out. Shouldn't I still be considered high-risk?

So now I'm scared because there's all this "Unknown". I thought I knew what I was dealing with. I had a sense of control knowing that. If that wasn't Hellp, then what was it? What other things might it do? Was the first time this same mystery disease that would have been so easily treatable if they would have only listened to me? I'm also afraid that I won't get the same level of care with the next baby. This, all when I'm just starting to get used to the idea of maybe having another baby once ds is in school.

This is all so crazy cause prior to him telling me this, I was extremely happy with the way things went my last pg. My ds is happy and healthy. I feel that we have been so lucky and blessed with Ben.

Can someone help me put this into perspective? What are your thoughts?

Jen
Matthew-stillborn @30wks
Ben-Hellp-free
hellpful_me

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders