Looking for lady (HELLP in March '04, twins, NYU)

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Looking for lady (HELLP in March '04, twins, NYU)

Postby full nest » Wed Apr 21, 2004 08:14 pm

This is a long shot, but I'm hoping to find this lady.

Dear lady,

I wish I had asked your name! We met in the waiting room of the ultrasound center in NYU (Room 7V) and talked. I told you about my triplets at home, and you mentioned that this is the furthest you had carried a pregnancy and were excited to be having twins. On March 1, 2004, I was in pre-op to deliver my baby due to preeclampsia, and you were on hospital bedrest due to dropping platelet levels. That was the only symptom you had, but your numbers kept falling. That was the last time I saw you, and I've been thinking about you a lot and wondering how you are. Even though I knew he couldn't tell me, on April 19th I asked Dr. Saltzman how you were doing. I could tell from his reaction that he knew who I was talking about, but he explained he cannot share confidential patient information about you, just as he can't about me. So, I thought perhaps I might find you here. If you're reading this, I'd love to hear from you and see if you're feeling better. I hope this post finds you healthy and well, and I especially hope and pray that you are either still pregnant or a proud mom to twins.

Cheers,
Mother Bird

Mom to gbg triplets and a girl born 3/04
full nest

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders