Pregnancy with different father

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
christine lyn

Re : Pregnancy with different father

Postby christine lyn » Fri Apr 29, 638603 5:08 am

Hi I was told that if I had a different partner and had a baby with would be different than with my husband. So I had PE with my husband but if I have another baby with some one else the chances are slim. I really don't beleive that but that's what they said.

hayleym

Postby hayleym » Sat Apr 16, 638603 6:22 am

Any more experiences or advice is gratefully received, thanks.

hayleym

Postby hayleym » Sat Aug 16, 638600 2:48 pm

Thanks for the replies, all very helpful. I will look further into the studies.

amorevita

Postby amorevita » Wed Aug 06, 638600 9:05 pm

My first child father is different then my 2 youngest. I had savere PE with my oldest son at age 22 induced at 32 weeks. I also developed chronic hypertention after delivery. We divorced when he was 2 and 1/2, I re-married and had my second son at age 28 I was showing signs of PE at 37 and 1/2 weeks and they decided to induce before it turned severe PE. I had my daughter at age 30 (15 months later). And no signs of PE but my water broke at 37 1/2 weeks anyway. I do think the paternal gene could play a roll in developing PE along with age and underlining conditions you may not be aware of. Just my opinion after personal experiences to myself and sister along with a lot of reading.

I did feel much better when I was carrying my daughter, then when I carried my sons. I don't know if the gender of the baby makes a difference or not, but I knew before the ultrasound that I was carrying a girl, I felt that different.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Tue Aug 05, 638600 10:58 pm

Here's a link to several studies into paternity and PE (scroll down to that section).

sibyl23

Postby sibyl23 » Tue Aug 05, 638600 10:39 pm

I have heard of this in some scientific studies, but now scientists are leaning towards the theory that it's not the different fathers that may trigger pre-e, it's the time between pregnancies. Usually when there are pregnancies with different fathers, more time has elapsed between the pregnancies.

But like many things with pre-e, it's all just theoretical at this point.

hayleym

Pregnancy with different father

Postby hayleym » Tue Aug 05, 638600 9:53 pm

I had Pre-eclampsia and HELLP sydrome with my first child 6 years ago and ended up with acute renal failure. Luckily both myself and my son were both ok and after 4 weeks after he was born we were both home with no further problems. Thanks to some great doctors. I went on to have my second son 3 years later and escaped pre-eclampsia this time but did suffer with high blood pressure and slight swelling which resulted in his delivery 2 weeks early by c-section. Unfortunately, last year me and the boys dad separated and I now have a new partner with no children. I would love to have more children, or 1 more at least, but have concerns that having children with a new partner will set me back to square one with the pre-eclampsia situation. This is just a rumour i have heard and not sure about any truth in it so i would be very interested to hear from anyone who has been in this situation or knows differently. thanks, hayley.

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”