Post Reply FAQ Members Login

spent the morning in the ER :-(

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

spent the morning in the ER :-(

Postby kylesmom » Sat Jun 12, 2004 07:21 pm

I woke up this am and stretched and my neck "popped" so I sat up and stretched more and stood up (not too fast) and stretched again... All of a sudden I had tunnel vision and saw stars and swooned. I didn't pass out, but I was really nauseaus, had cold sweats and felt all tingly. I am still nursing and my milk came rushing in too. Very weird. Anyway, DH convinced me to call my MD who said I should come in to the ER and get checked out. Giving my history, I found it interesting that neither of my 2 nurses had ever heard of HELLP Syndrome though the doc said he had. 5 hours later, I had an EKG and bloodwork that all came back 'normal.'

Were we overreacting? I am 10 mos PP! Not to be melodramatic, but will I ever stop wondering if my body is just gonna let me down again? [:(]

I have heard that PE is often either a precursor to some underlying autoimmune disorder. Should I have some kind of a work-up done? I would like to know what to ask for at my follow up appt on Monday. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jennifer 32
Kyle born 8-13-03 @ 38 weeks (severe atypical Preeclampsia and Class I HELLP)
kylesmom

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders