Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Did I have HELLP?

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Did I have HELLP?

Postby marialynn242 » Wed May 26, 2010 02:59 pm

Just wondering when they rushed me to the hospital I was there for a couple days and they moved me into a regualr room and started to take me off the mag sulfate and then I started having those pains under my ribs (liver) the dr said we are delivering the baby. After the delivery she came in to reassure me that it was def neccessary to deliver him because my liver was failing. Does that mean I had HELLP? (I dont have the medical records and it cost a fortue to get them)P.S my blood pressure was down in a little less than two weeks. ( Sorry for posting twice I didnt realize they has a HELLP forum)
marialynn242

Re : Did I have HELLP?

Postby milesymommy » Wed May 26, 2010 03:25 pm

It sounds like HELLP. I was also never told "HELLP", I just pieced it together when I got pregnant with DS2. I had PE, and at 36 weeks was told that I had "elevated liver enzymes" and that my liver was failing and needed to be induced immediately. I've requested my medical records, but it's free for me to get them. Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) a covered entity can only charge "reasonable" cost-based fees for providing the medical records to patients, so it really shouldn't be expensive. Oh, for WV its "$10.00 maximum search fee plus “reasonable expenses” provided that the cost may not exceed $.75 per page for copying of records already reduced to written form." Not sure how many pages you have that you want a copy of.
milesymommy

Re : Did I have HELLP?

Postby annes » Thu May 27, 2010 09:55 am

Hey, I am going to lock this post, because it was also posted in ATE, here is the link:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39325

We try to avoid having the same post in multiple places, because if people are following the topic they may not know about the other location, and they could miss some of the responses!
annes
Forum Moderator

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders