Thinking of trying again, how were my stats?

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Thinking of trying again, how were my stats?

Postby sally » Fri May 28, 2010 09:31 pm

Hi

I am thinking (tentatively) of trying again. I have just got my hospital records ( via phone) the full ones will be sent in the mail.

My platlet count on the day of deliver was 157 (normal range I was told is 150 - 400 in australia), the next day it dropped to 123 and then to 118 at the lowest. how bad / severe is that?

however my liver was the main concern my liver function was at 280 and my liver test was around 500 when it should have been around 50 (if this makes sense, thanks, i will post exact details when I get them but I am so excited and nervouse to have some information to go with at last.

My kidneys were OK.

I was put on mag sulpher and stayed in hospital for a few days, my baby was born 36 weeks and all OK. my liver went worse after delivery.

I will see a high risk obstetricain. I am 39 this year and worry I am getting too old, I am kicking myself for not asking for details sooner, but I just assumed I couldnt have any more. Now i want to invesitgate fully and assess the risks.

any insight would help, will post more detailed medical notes. what should I ask for get checked with the obstetricain. any feedback on my platlets, liver?

Thanks for the wonderful forum, I am so glad I found it.

Sally
sally

Re : Thinking of trying again, how were my stats?

Postby l412angel » Fri May 28, 2010 11:22 pm

To my knowledge based on your platelet count, and liver, indicated HELLP. When did you deliver? I would ask for:
a full cbc (Blood panel work up)
Thyroid levels
24 urine checks
cholesterol checks
and thrombophilia panel which will tell you if you have any clotting disorders that could have contributed to Preeclampsia.

You can also have your ANA antibodies checked to see if you have any Auto Immune issues such as Lupus.
l412angel

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders