Post Reply FAQ Members Login

hormonal role

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

hormonal role

Postby jgrumet » Mon Jun 14, 2010 03:16 am

by jgrumet (520 Posts), Mon Jun 14, 2010 03:16 am

for some reason this search engine on here does not work with my computer (I have a sllloow computer)-

It's been awhile since i"ve been on here. I was wondering if anyone knows about any studies of hormones playing a role in PE or HELLP?

the peri I have been speaking with thinks that the cocktail of medication I was on before and during implantation may have had a big role in screwing up the whole pregnancy for me. It's a miracle that it even took.
jgrumet

Re : hormonal role

Postby l412angel » Mon Jun 14, 2010 05:52 pm

by l412angel (1746 Posts), Mon Jun 14, 2010 05:52 pm

What meds were you on?
l412angel

Re : hormonal role

Postby jgrumet » Wed Jun 16, 2010 03:54 pm

by jgrumet (520 Posts), Wed Jun 16, 2010 03:54 pm

Sprionolactone for mild acne since I was 15 (caused Amenorrhea due to my weight- a noted side-effect) doctor put me on birth control to bring back my periods

stopped the bc 6 months before I got pregnant and periods never returned. Went to see a horrible gyno about it and he said that he didn't know anything about amenorrhea and spironolactone (however my peri knew all about it), but it wouldn't hurt to stop taking it.

stopped taking it the same day I started progesterone pills- the progesterone never brought back my period. (took a blood test just to rule out pregnancy)

started retaking spironolactone a week later because we went to las vegas and I was breaking out so bad (hormones were obviously out of whack because I'm not on anything now and have clear skin)

a week after that I got a positive urine pregnancy test. So in two weeks I went from not ovulating not having any lining in my uterus to slough off (confirmed by a doctor as to why my period didn't come back with meds) to being pregnant.

My peri is pretty sure this caused something to go awry...but because my situation is so odd he can't say for sure what was going on.

I'm just curious what kind of studies are out there about hormones and PE
jgrumet

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders