7 Months later and still elevated Enzymes

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

7 Months later and still elevated Enzymes

Postby jamilyn » Thu Jul 15, 2010 01:44 am

Well for some reason my Peri never ran my lab work at my 6 week post partum visit, I think they were still in shock how horrible everything went. My head wasnt in the right place so I didnt really think about it either. I went in to my PCP to have other work done and my liver enzymes were elevated. I had them ran again last week and they had gone down some but are still high. I guess its a good sign my ALT is going down at least and not up but it just seems like 7 months is a long time for them to still be elevated. I was told I had HELLP in the hospital by a nurse on my last day in and then at my appt the next week my Peri said she looked in my chart and I didnt have it but obviously I did and who knows how high it went. This is just getting added onto the long list of things that this "great" hospital and office did wrong.
I also just found out I have very low Vit D. Not sure if the 2 have any ties that we know of yet but Ive seen that it might.
So anyone else still have problems months later?
Thanks!
jamilyn

Re : 7 Months later and still elevated Enzymes

Postby l412angel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 am

Have they tested you for Non alcoholic Fatty Liver?
l412angel

Postby jamilyn » Thu Jul 15, 2010 01:12 pm

They said they want to monitor my levels more and then test if they dont get back to normal. BUT to me 7 months is long enough for them to still be high. Especially since we have no idea how high they really went.
jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:36 am

Caryn do you know anything about this?
jamilyn

Postby atvlady » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:14 am

My enzymes were on a roller coaster for months PP. I was first diagnosed with NAFLD. Soon after that my BW went haywire and I went to see my GI who ran several tests' and we discovered my GB was gong bad. Since having it removed, my enzymes have stayed perfectly normal. I did have some sporradic liver pains over the past week and went and had BW done. Am waiting on the resutls from it. My advice to you would be look at the over-all picture on your BW. After requesting copies of all of my labs each time they were done, that is when I took control of my health and it looks like it paid off. Fingers crossed. One thing I did do was cut the amount and types of fat I was eating. Though it did not yield weightloss, it was a healtheir way to eat. Let me know if I can be of any help.
atvlady

Postby jamilyn » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Delissa thank you so much for your response. I will have my blood work ran again and take another look at it all. They wanted to see if it would go down and just keep an eye on it. I just didnt know if it was ok that it was still high this far out. I had my Gallbladder removed 4 years ago when my son was a year old. I should watch what I eat some since I usually am very healthy but since losing Anthon I havent really paid attention to what we eat near as much as I always do, Im usually a freak about eating healthy. So time to get our eating habits back to normal!
jamilyn

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders