What were your symptoms if any? Worried!

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

What were your symptoms if any? Worried!

Postby naomihope427 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 06:43 pm

I had severe preeclampsia in my previous pregnancy and was delivered at 28 weeks. I am now pregnant with #2 and I have surpassed that mark, I am 31 weeks and a day.

3 days ago, I woke up with nausea and have had it for these past 3 days, with a couple of headaches & slight pain on and off in the right side area. My bp has always been fine, but these last 3 days, it is starting to creep up a bit.

I am getting worried, have held off going in to get checked, NOT like me. I normally am so quick to head over. I have been told some wmoen get middiagnosed with the flu. I thought orginially maybe I have picked something up, but maybe its developing into something? I just had been reading on nausea and HELLP related. I havent vomited, feel like it but havent.

Thank you for reading!
naomihope427

Re : What were your symptoms if any? Worried!

Postby heather j » Sat Aug 21, 2010 08:59 pm

I'd go to L&D. One little blood draw and you'll know (ask for them to check your liver enzymes, etc - usually called a PE panel) - you don't want to sit at home for the rest of the weekend worried! Hope all is well!
heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby jenprzygoda » Sun Aug 22, 2010 07:15 am

I second the simple blood test as a great way to know what is going on with your body. Please go and get that checked out now. My HELLP progressed very quickly and I was sick on a Friday. I wanted to wait until Monday to go to the DR since I had an appointment then anyway. My husband and dad made me go in on Friday and I delivered 3 hours later. When I spoke to the DR afterwards about wanting to wait until Monday, she said that my son and I never would have made it to Monday. Always better to get checked out even if you don't think it is serious - you never know. Take care of yourself and let us know how it goes .
jenprzygoda

Postby miamibunnie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:56 am

Did you go and how are you feeling?

quote:
Originally posted by jenprzygoda

I second the simple blood test as a great way to know what is going on with your body. Please go and get that checked out now. My HELLP progressed very quickly and I was sick on a Friday. I wanted to wait until Monday to go to the DR since I had an appointment then anyway. My husband and dad made me go in on Friday and I delivered 3 hours later. When I spoke to the DR afterwards about wanting to wait until Monday, she said that my son and I never would have made it to Monday. Always better to get checked out even if you don't think it is serious - you never know. Take care of yourself and let us know how it goes .

miamibunnie

Postby jean » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:31 am

I would go in NOW. That is how my HELLP started. It can seem to get better, and then get worse again-it kind of came and went with me-some days/hours being better than others.
Let us know what you find out!
jean

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders