Post Reply FAQ Members Login

HELLP and Lovenox.

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

HELLP and Lovenox.

Postby atvlady » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:50 am

by atvlady (1000 Posts), Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:50 am

Did anyone have HELLP and then their subsequent pregnancy used Lovenox? Did HELLP reoccur in the following pregnancies?
atvlady

Re : HELLP and Lovenox.

Postby agiledarby » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:37 am

by agiledarby (6 Posts), Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:37 am

HI-
I am now today 32 weeks with my 5th child (3 others did not make it to term)
My 4th child was olivia who I lost at 34 weeks due to placental abruption and HELLP. She was stillborn. I had fullblown HELLP including cortical blindness (lasted for 2 weeks) and brain injury. They hve not been able to map or diagnose the injury but I take high levels of Gabapentin to help with headaches and vision issues. BP was 110/180.

I have been on Lovenox and baby aspirin since 16 weeks. I tested positive for anticardiophospholipid antibodies. I also was diagnosed with placental notching at my 20 week ultrasound. I am taking my BP daily. I cannot tell you whether or not it will occur again, but so far so good. She is following her growth curve so no IUGR as of yet (Olivia did not have IUGR, she was 4 lbs 8 oz @ 34 weeks.)

I am also taking folic acid and lots of omega3 and 6 fish oils. I just read yesterday that fish oils have been proven significant in fighting insulin resistance, something I am suspicious of in regard to HELLP/PE.

Also, the patent on Lovenox just ran out, so you will probably get a Generic.. Since they made the switch I think the needles are duller and the safety device deploys without you trying! Argh!!
agiledarby

Postby lakensmommy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 08:43 pm

by lakensmommy (169 Posts), Sat Sep 04, 2010 08:43 pm

my doc quoted me at a 5% chance of getting HELLP again but I don't need Lovenox because neither my Mother or I have ever had a blood clot all I need to take is LDA. So I am hoping and praying that HELLP does not show its nasty face.
lakensmommy

Postby atvlady » Sat Sep 04, 2010 08:46 pm

by atvlady (1000 Posts), Sat Sep 04, 2010 08:46 pm

Chelsea thanks. I only tested positive for LA while pregnant. My OB wanted me to see a Internist before I get pregnant again and he went through my entire medical history, my current health and a tom of bloodwork. Nothing showed up, I have never had a blood clot but he said I fit the symptoms of APS but my blood is not yielding a test.

Best of luck to ya girl! You deserve it! Keep me posted.
atvlady

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders