Survivor HELLP Class I, My Story/ Questions

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Re : Survivor HELLP Class I, My Story/ Questions

Postby caryn » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:15 am

Esther, I'm so sorry you've had to find us after the death of your son. This disease is brutal and sneaky and very, very rapid.

I think that would actually be considered Class I HELLP -- Class III is platelets below 150K, Class II is platelets below 100K, and Class I is platelets below 50K.

We've had other posters develop HELLP in a second pregnancy and spend time hanging out in ICU, so you are not alone.

BP can normalize rapidly, or in a few weeks, or in a few months, or never. If it takes more than about 8-12 weeks, this is usually considered unmasked chronic hypertension. The idea is that your genetic tendency to develop hypertension was uncovered by the strain of hosting a foreign placenta and the triggering of the innate immune response that a foreign placenta can cause.

Sometimes headaches can be an allergic response to the medication, so I'd mention them to your doc.

Oh, and welcome to the forums. :)
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby evancaleb10 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 01:04 pm

Thanks Caryn for the correction. You're right I had Class I with platelets less than 50K.
evancaleb10

Postby atvlady » Mon Oct 11, 2010 09:49 am

AIHA is AutoImmune Hemolytic Anemia.
atvlady

Previous

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders