Tips on weightloss, and getting fit after HELLP

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Tips on weightloss, and getting fit after HELLP

Postby cakesabake » Thu Oct 07, 2010 02:27 pm

I am overwieght after my pregnancy (gained 50 pounds and so far only lost 20) my son was still born on July 11th so I feel like I should have lost more weight by now. I defintiely think that the extra weight loss will help my blood pressure and get me fit and ready for the next pregnancy. I don't want to be as overweight the next time I was to be within a decent BMI. Please help me guys. I started eating much better, and now doing light Yoga, Tae Bo bootcamp, and walking. How often should I be exercising to see results (I am doing 3-4 times per week right now)
I am taking multi-vitamins, and Chromium Piccolnate to aid my body in metabolization. I appreciate all advice and tips!
cakesabake

Re : Tips on weightloss, and getting fit after HELLP

Postby tree » Thu Oct 07, 2010 09:56 pm

Hi Autumn,
I am so sorry for your loss. I got lucky with HELLP, but it still took a toll on my health. Many of us have trouble getting healthy again after HELLP/Pre-E. I signed up for a half marathon to force myself to start getting in shape. I am not there yet, but it has been a good start. I really like having a fitness goal. I need to work on my eating habits, and I plan to turn half of my dinner plate "green" as a start.
There are a bunch of us working together to lose weight and get healthier on the board. Please join us anytime for weight loss buddies. The link is here:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40797
There is no reason to wait for a new session, and you don't have to post your weight if you don't want to. I will try to get more proactive about diet and exercise tips next week.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Fri Oct 08, 2010 00:18 am

I like deep water aerobics. I don't know if you had a lot of swelling, but I did and being in the water is very good for water retention (water exerts more pressure on your body than air does. Good luck with the weight loss!
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby jules2 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 04:10 am

I managed to get back to my pre-pregnancy size within about 5 months of losing Alice, but I am afraid to say that was only by following a pretty strict diet (though I ate well, it was all very healthy stuff), and regularly running 30+ miles per week (pretty much every day). I would try to gradually increase the exercise, if you want this to help. Its so hard after you've lost the baby to find the motivation so well done for getting going.

I was not overweight though, just wanted to be as "normal" as possible afterwards.

jules2

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders