Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Hellp @ 19 Weeks, help!

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Hellp @ 19 Weeks, help!

Postby kocoltex » Mon Oct 18, 2010 03:02 pm

Hello, we posted this in the other board but it seems this is where it should have belong first. We are new to all this and we will like your help to understand our situation. My wife got diagnosed with hellp at 19 weeks (three days ago). She also has severe preeclampsia, high blood pressure and gastritis. She is 27 years with two children of 7 and 3 years old.

What are our chances for the baby to make it alive and without any problems? Please be as realistic as possible.
kocoltex

Re : Hellp @ 19 Weeks, help!

Postby runninlola » Mon Oct 18, 2010 08:29 pm

You must be going through the absolute worst days of your lives and my heart goes out to you. Stay strong for yourself and especially for your wife.
HELLP is usually an immediate emergency and I don't know of anyone who's avoided delivery for 3 days, so I am at a loss for words on what may be going on with your wife. Is this a decisive diagnosis?

Unfortunately, a baby at 19 weeks is unable to survive outside the womb, as you may have already read viability starts around late 23 or 24 weeks...

The important thing now is to stay by your wife's side.

Please keep us posted. I will be thinking and praying for you family.
runninlola

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders