Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Still suffering from strange HELLP side effects!!!

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Still suffering from strange HELLP side effects!!!

Postby nicoleklarc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 02:13 pm

I came down with class I HELLP syndrome on may 18th 2011 when i was 31 weeks pregnant. It came on so fast with no warning and all the sudden im getting rushed to the OR to have a c section. I was in the ICU after bc my liver and kidneys were still bad after delivery. To me and my husbands delight, our beautiful 3lb baby boy was healthy and came out crying. he only spent 1 month in the NICU and he is doing great. Me on the other hand, not so much. Its been almost 3 months and my liver enzymes are still very high with no explanation. Also, almost everyday for about 5 minutes I lose vision in my right eyes, but only the upper half of vision ( i know weird). I have tingliness/pain in my arms, i get vertigo, double vision, and my periodically my tongue/mouth/teeth goes numb! Help! has anyone else suffered any kind of those symptoms? I have seen a cardilogist, neurologist, and opthamologist and no one has any real answers except maybe that my nerves are so damaged from the HELLP that they are either going to die or regenerate. Im sick of getting MRIs with no answers. Has anyone heard of anything like this????
nicoleklarc

Re: Still suffering from strange HELLP side effects!!!

Postby lilysmommymindy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Hello! Although I don't have any insights into your post-HELLP health issues, I wanted to welcome you to the boards! Also,congratulations on your son, glad to hear he's healthy and strong! Best of luck to you on your continued recovery and hope someone will stop by with some insight!
Take care,
Mindy
Mindy

DD#1 Lily Adrianna: 8/28/08 Born 36wks 0days due to Class 2 HELLP Syndrome and Severe Preeclampsia via csection. 4lbs 10oz 17in
Fortunate to have a healthy baby and mommy, no NICU needed.

DD#2: Tatum Nicole: 8/6/10 Born 39wks 5days Scheduled CSection Preeclampsia and HELLP FREE!
7lbs 3oz 20in
Took Baby Asprin between weeks 20-36 and was co-monitored by MFM & OBGYN
lilysmommymindy

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders