What specifically causes the "flu"-feeling symptoms?

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

What specifically causes the "flu"-feeling symptoms?

Postby jean » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:40 am

What specifically causes the "flu"-feeling symptoms? When I had HELLP in my 1st pg, I def. felt that "fluish" feeling..what specifically causes that? Low platelets?
Right now I have no symptoms other than an extremely mild pain sometimes when I'm laying down or sitting up at night that goes away after changing positions (so I don't know that it's HELLP related or not?)
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Re: What specifically causes the "flu"-feeling symptoms?

Postby alviarin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 03:09 pm

For some reason I thought the nausea/pain/vomiting was caused by impaired liver function, I'm not 100% positive though. I had that very weak feeling even though I didn't have HELLP- maybe because of pulmonary edema.

Sorry you aren't feeling 100%, what does your doc have to say about the pain? I know when I was dealing with normal pregnancy aches and pains my chiropractor was a huge help.
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby jean » Thu Nov 03, 2011 05:48 pm

I had bloodwork done and everything came out norma;-whew! Feeling better now too!
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Postby alviarin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 06:42 pm

I'm glad everything checked out ok & you are feeling better today!
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders