Locked FAQ Members Login

concerns

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

concerns

Postby mcade21 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 05:24 pm

by mcade21 (8 Posts), Thu Mar 08, 2012 05:24 pm

Im sorry this is so long, im just getting kinda scared. A little backgrround info- I delivered 3 weeks early by emergency c-section with my first pregnancy due to severe preeclampsia. High BP and protein, spots, ect. All is well with my daughter 2yrs later

I am now 25 weeks today in my second pregnancy and having some symptom concerns' For the past 5 weeks ive had constant daily headaches. They have gotten so bad as to make me vomit. I have been seeing some flasing lights/floaters occasionally. For the past couple of days ive been getting really bad heartburn also. Im being treated for high blood pressure, and the medicine has been working great except for a few time that its gotten kind of high. My normal BP is around 100's/70's but lately its been reading aroud 138/88. So far ive had no protein in my urine.

Just a few days ago while at my OB appt. my BP was high again. She seems concerned about the heartburn and persistant headaches and perscribed me meds for both. She issued a 24hr urine just to be safe. She also mentiond HELLP syndrome (which i really know nothing about) and said on monday she wants to do labs and start watching me for HELLP. She also wants to start sonograms doing every 2 weeks because shes worried about the babys growth.

Fast forward to this morning, i was having an odd feeling so checked my BP which read 148/101 and has only gone down a few numbers. I also have another concern, at the moment im laying in bed feeling very weak, kind of "out of body" like. I cant really discribe it. I just feel weird, like something is going on with my body.

I guess my question is what is HELLP? Does this sound like I could be heading towards it? I really hate to be a bother to people so im not sure when i should be worried about a symptom and when i should just pass something off as pregnancy. I would just like some anwers from people who have been through similar situations. Thank you so much for taking time to help!
mcade21

Re: concerns

Postby alviarin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 05:55 pm

by alviarin (1651 Posts), Thu Mar 08, 2012 05:55 pm

Please reply to this thread here:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewt ... 12&t=44527

(to keep all responses in one place, thanks!)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders