A painful feeling of deja vu

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

A painful feeling of deja vu

Postby Lee2011 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:59 am

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=42655

Two and a half years ago at 38 weeks I was diagnosed with HELLP and despite a long recovery me and my son had no long lasting effects. I am now 30 weeks pregnant and have started experiencing the same upper right abdominal pain that I remember all top well from my first pregnancy.

I was checked over today and bloods are fine, platelets are 163 compared to 213 at 9 weeks and liver results comfortably within normal range. BP 90/60 but then it never got very high last time. I cant remember at what stage I had this pain last time but it was definitely several weeks before delivery. I guess I am asking if anyone else has had similar experiences with painful suspected liver but bloods OK?

I am due for a liver ultrasound and consultants (am in the UK) are keeping a close eye on me, but I cant help but feel that I have been here before!
Mother to baby boy Lee born 12/3/2011 after emergency induction at 38weeks following diagnosis of severe atypical HELLP syndrome. Having come within hours of losing both our lives every smile is a celebration.
Baby sister Paige c-sectioned at 38 weeks with no signs of HELLP :)
Lee2011

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders