does anyone else have this?

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Re: does anyone else have this?

Postby MomTimesThree » Wed Nov 12, 2014 05:51 am

Congrats! I am so very sorry for the loss of your baby girl. I know pregnancy after loss can be a roller coaster all on its own. I will be thinking peaceful and healthy wishes for you.

Keep us updated as you're able.
Lauren :)
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w

allexx

Postby allexx » Tue Nov 11, 2014 04:53 pm

Hi laney_p, thank you for asking. Last year I was pregnant after 5 years of trying, unexplained infertility and treatments, the last, of course IVF, and then HELLP came unexpected. We found no underlying conditions, and no explaination at all why HELLP happened, and why so severe.. my body recovered very well, (it is like it never happened) and after (I don't count anymore how many) other IVF trials I am pregnant again, we are just now to 18 weeks.. and today 1 day longer than yesterday :) ..

laney_p
Forum Moderator

Postby laney_p » Tue Nov 11, 2014 02:58 pm

So sorry for your loss, Allexx, but I'm glad that your health care providers were able to help you pinpoint what was happening. Are you pregnant now or just considering another pregnancy?
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

allexx

Postby allexx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 07:20 pm

I am not sure on vitamine B12, but I got advice on B6. Due to genetic checks I've found out that I am a carrier of MTHFR mutation; that means an increased risk of pregnancy complications -and I've been adviced to take high dose of 4 mg folic acid and vitamin B6 100 mg/ day. There are studies which associate MTHFR mutation with HELLP Syndrome. I have developed HELLP last year at 22 weeks, my baby girl died and I made it home after been in IC for a week. I am having big hopes that I take my second baby at home healthy and alive.. so I believe that if you know that one value in your blood/ body is not at the right level, just take it: if it doesn't harm the baby, can only help!! Best luck and you are not alone!!

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums. B12 deficiency is not something I have experienced myself, but you can do a search for old posts by typing in "B12 deficiency" or "pernicious anemia" in the search box in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

Leslie104

does anyone else have this?

Postby Leslie104 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 04:52 am

I was wondering if anybody is aware of or was ever tested for a vitamin B12 deficiency?
A few years before I developed hellp I was having some weird symptoms and did research and asked my doctor to check my B12 level since it is not regularly on a cbc. It came back i have a deficiency. I was wondering if anyone else has this that they know of and if there could be a correlation

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”