Health problems after PreE!

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: Health problems after PreE!

Postby alviarin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 05:02 am

Just wondering but have you had your thyroid checked? Thyroid problems can cause heart palpitations or symptoms of panic attack. And pre-e/HELLP syndrome may raise the risk of developing a thyroid problem later in life.
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

preEtmz2

Re: Health problems after PreE!

Postby preEtmz2 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 04:06 am

I could have written that post myself. I had mild pre-e in 2011 while pregnant with my daughter, delivered her at 37 weeks. In February I got pre-e again, this time more severe, and had an emergency csection to deliver my son at 30 weeks. He had severe IUGR and was only 13 inches and 2 lbs. since his birth my blood pressure never normalized this time, and I am still on bp meds. I also have had some heart palpitations, off and on, since he was born. I know pre-e can be a strong indicator for heart disease later in life, but think its odd to have some heart symptoms now at 34. I definitely think I'm having anxiety issues since his birth though, it was incredibly traumatic, even though he is thriving today. Anyhow, no answers for you, just wanted to say I'm in the same boat!

lfoster797

Health problems after PreE!

Postby lfoster797 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 05:14 pm

Hi all:)

I had my son in April of 2013. Ever since I have had high blood pressure. I had a seizure and passed out while I was in labor and at the point was taken into an emergency c-section. I still have high blood pressure, and recently started developing heart palpitations. I spoke with my primary care physician & he has referred me to a cardiologist to be on the safe side. He is convinced it is anxiety & really wants me to consider anxiety medications.

Has anyone experienced such awful anxiety after PreE, that you have heart palpitations or panic attacks?!

I am looking for comfort! I am terrified about my cardiologist appointment.

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”