Thank you to this forum! and my journey

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
laney_p
Forum Moderator

Re: Thank you to this forum! and my journey

Postby laney_p » Thu Apr 02, 2015 07:13 pm

Hi allexx,

Thank you so much for your kind words! That's what our Forum is here to do. And your story can DEFINITELY help bring comfort to many more people. So many PE/HELLP moms try for so long and struggle with infertility; it's comforting to know there can be a rainbow at the end of your storm. I am sure that you love and honor both your babies in all the you do to share your story!! Thank you. <3

Best wishes,
Laney
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

eleni
Site Admin

Re: Thank you to this forum! and my journey

Postby eleni » Thu Apr 02, 2015 07:12 pm

Thank you for coming back to post and share your latest news. Our journeys are often mixed emotions, as you have found. But we carry your burden with you and are thrilled that you have a precious son now!

Warmest wishes,
Eleni
Eleni Z. Tsigas
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation

2x PE survivor; 29 week daughter died, 35 week IUGR son made it after 2 weeks of NICU fun; 3rd pregnancy PE-free resulted in strapping 8 pounder son, born at term.

allexx

Thank you to this forum! and my journey

Postby allexx » Tue Mar 31, 2015 03:22 pm

Hi all,

I wanted to say thank you for creating and maintaining this forum!! Although I haven't written much since I've joined, I have read a lot and it helped me to understand better, feel not alone, and get some hope! Now is time to bring something back to you all - here is very shortly my journey:

After 5 years of trying and unexplained infertility (meanwhile I will be 40 this year), with IVF we got pregnant and we were so happy (January 2013)! At week 24, I got HELLP syndrome, my baby girl, Julia, died (June 2013) in my womb and I was admitted in Intensive Care not sure I will make it out! We found no underlying conditions, nothing.. luckily I recovered well quite soon.. so I went back to the IVF journey (which took us around 5 trials - frozen and the last one fresh). What I took during this second pregnancy: baby aspirin (80 mg), acid folic (4mg) and vitamin B6 (100mg) [last 2 because of mutation MTHFR], calcium 800 mg, Fraxiparine (low heparin 30 mg- a sort of lovenox) and Tirax (75mg) (my thyroid value was low). My baby boy was born without any intervention at 35 weeks and 4 days (12-03-2015), normal delivery - PE/ Hellp Syndrome free... As unexplained as all the other unexplained events in our life...

Sending all of you hope and love..
allexx - with half of my heart broken and half happy

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”