Alysha - Your Own Thread

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Alysha - Your Own Thread

Postby specmom » Sat Aug 07, 2004 08:50 am

Hi Laikensmom, welcome to the forum! I thought you might like your own topic since the other topics to which you posted have not been active for a few months.

quote:
Hi, I am a new member. I wanted to write to say that I had my daughter, Laiken at 24 weeks (she had an IUGR which made her more like a 22 weeker) who was 1lb. 1oz. at birth. Her little lungs were sadly too premature and she only lived for an hour and a half. She was my second child that had to be delivered via emergency c-section due to severe HELLP. My son Jarod was born at 31 weeks four and a half years ago- but after a month's stay in the NICU, has done wonderfully. I also have a 7 1/2 year old daughter (who was from my previous marriage-which they say makes a difference.) After losing our daughter, Laiken, my husband and I went on to have another baby, Gavin, who is now 11 months old. My last pregnancy (with Gavin)was so terrifying and very monitored. I had to take Heparin injections twice a day throughout the pregnancy as well as Aldomet and Labetelol for high b.p. that I developed after having the HELLP with Laiken. Life for some goes back to normal after having HELLP, but sadly, for others like myself, it will never be the same. I wish I could say that my daughter was a bright and happy 20 month old now, instead of saying it has been 20 months since I held her in my arms. I am sorry for venting.

I know that you miss Laiken so much. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I hope that you find comfort and support here at this forum as you continue to heal. In addition to HELLP Syndrome Survivors, many people find great support in the Grief and Loss forum, whether just sharing similar experiences or during times of reminders such as birthdays and anniversaries.

I am so glad that you found this forum. Please feel free to explore the site and come back to post as often as you like.

Tamara
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab/PUPPP/HELLP/severe atypical PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*#2 (due 2/3/05, schedule c/s @ 1/24/05)-Protein S/Gest.Diab.
specmom

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders