2006 Walk-A-Thon - Time to get started!!

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

2006 Walk-A-Thon - Time to get started!!

Postby grace04 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 09:02 pm

Hi all!

It is time to get started on the planning of the 2006 Walk-A-Thon! With the INCREDIBLE success of last year's walk - raising nearly 3x our original goal - I am ecstatic about what 2006 has in store for us and the new records we are going to set!! There is no doubt that the word is out and the Preeclampsia Walk-A-Thon will soon be as widely known as Susan Komen and March of Dimes. I can already feel the energy!!! [:D]

I am also pleased to announce that Kris Stevens has volunteered to serve as co-chair of this nationwide event with me. Kris is going to be a huge help to me over the next few months - especially with most of my time being focused on the Saving Grace event. Thank you Kris!!

The date of the 2006 WAT is Sat., May 13, 2006. There are a number of cities that previously volunteered to coordinate a WAT in their city. Those cities are listed below. If your city is not listed and you are willing to coordinate a walk, please POST your name and city on this thread. You will also need to contact Kris at tkstevens@sbcglobal.net

If you are listed as a coordinator below, please email Kris your contact information including your preferred phone number, email address, snail mail address and your forum name. She will be creating the master coordinator contact list.

We will be scheduling a conference call within the next two weeks to give an introduction and overview to all the 2006 coordinators. At that time we will distribute a FAQ sheet and a timeline to assist you in your planning. It will also be a time for you to exchange ideas and ask any questions you have about the WAT planning process.

Here is the list of cities that have already volunteered to plan a WAT in their area for 2006:

Hope, AR (Rachel)
Phoenix, AZ (Martina)
Santa Barbara, CA (Julie)
Atlanta, GA (Aimee)
Davenport, IA (Brenda)
Indianapolis, IN (Sue)
Manhattan, KS (Tanya)
Ann Arbor, MI (Carol)
Minneapolis, MN (Jaime)
Rome, NY (Amy)
Dayton, OH (Tracy)
Harrisburg, PA (Molly)
Holly Hill, SC (Jennifer)
Houston, TX (Nadene)
Beaver Dam, WI (Alissa)
Seabrook, TX (Lorraine)
Richmond, VA (Robin)
Seattle, WA (Anne)

Again - If you are listed above, please email Kris with a confirmation of your intention to coordinate the WAT and your contact info. If you are not listed but would like to coordinate, please post your name and city in this thread and email Kris your contact info as well.

The kick-off conference call will be either the last week of September or the first week of October. Be sure to watch for more information!

I'M PUMPED!!! [:D][:D][:D]
grace04

Re : 2006 Walk-A-Thon - Time to get started!!

Postby julie f » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:22 pm

YAY! I'm so excited! [:D]

I'm listed above as coordinating for San Diego, but a little North would be a lot easier for me. I was hoping to do Santa Barbara, CA if that is alright? There are some very wonderful ladies in San Diego though that may be interested in doing something there again next year, I'll make sure they see this thread.

Kris, I'll email you right now.
julie f

Postby grace04 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:32 pm

Julie - Thanks for the correction! I changed it above [:D]
grace04

Postby tommysmommy21004 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:34 pm

Just contacted Amy and her mom via e-mail and let them know to contact Kris.
tommysmommy21004

Postby mom2tori » Thu Sep 15, 2005 09:33 am

I just emailed you Kris!
mom2tori

Postby miracle3 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 01:25 pm

I just emailed Kris also. I would like to coordinate one in Marion, OH if that is ok.
miracle3

Postby loganmilesmom » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:22 am

I'm going to see what's involved in getting a walk in Madison WI!
loganmilesmom

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia