Post Reply FAQ Members Login

End of WAT door prize/raffle suggestions

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

End of WAT door prize/raffle suggestions

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:21 am

by timelessbeauty (1712 Posts), Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:21 am

Just wanting to let others know I crochet like a mad woman and am involved with the Indianapolis Crochet guild. I have several beautiful baby afghans that could be used as raffle, silent auction, or door prize materials to help thank the walkers after the WAT. Some have been donated by the Indianapolis Crochet Guild and others are ones that I have made. They could be used in connection with other baby items to make a nice gift basket as well. Just a thought.

Or should you want to use them for another purpose, please email me direct and I will be happy to send you one or a few. I have plenty of yarn and will be making many through out the coming months.

Sue
timelessbeauty

Re : End of WAT door prize/raffle suggestions

Postby kdreher » Thu Nov 17, 2005 01:00 pm

by kdreher (2482 Posts), Thu Nov 17, 2005 01:00 pm

We were not able to charge for "door prize" or "raffle" tickets based on the parks rules we were at. We did solicit area businesses for gift certificates that were from food places, salons, grocery stores, etc...and when everyone showed up they got a 'free' ticket for the end of the walk drawing.

We also had a local florist donate flats of pansies and the guests helped themselves to them as they left.
kdreher

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia