New/Reply FAQ Members Login

Ok, Im being nosey!

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Ok, Im being nosey!

Postby molly419 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:01 pm

Hi all Walk-A-Thon corrdinators:

I wanted to see how everyone is doing with the planning? Im being nosey, and want to make sure Im where I should be for planning. I know that some of us are off to a great start. Anyone have any great tips to share? Anyone looking for advice? I hope that we can all support eachother, and have this be another sucessful year. :)

I recieved an donation of beanie babies, four differnt types(camel,panda bear,cat,kola bear). I had them sitting out at the wrapping fund raiser for $1.00 and people did buy them. Would anyone like some for the silent auction/or set out to sell at the walk? Email me and let me know(first come, first serve).

Im excited to hear how the planning is going, and to get some tips.
molly419

Re : Ok, Im being nosey!

Postby miracle3 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 09:06 am

I would love to have some!!! I just emailed you!!!
miracle3

Postby molly419 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 09:38 am

Its going to cost ya! Your going to have to spill the beans on how you got radio time.[:D]

molly419

Postby miracle3 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 05:36 pm

Well I was kind of lucky. I contacted my radio station and to be honest i was contacting to see if someone could possibly broadcast/interview people the day of the walk. However, the gentleman that does our morning show is the one that called me back????? He said that I would have to contact such and such about the actual event day but that he would be happy to have me on his morning magazine show which is like a 1/2 hour show. He gave me the contact to get my information on our city calender to be announced over the radio and he also gave me the contact info for the people that put information online on the community calender. It was like one phone call and Bingo it was done!!! I might add I live in a medium size town maybe 45,000 people. So everyone is really easy going around here. The place that I am having the walk isn't charging me, they aren't requiring insurance, and they are just scheduling me in like its no big deal!!! I have had it pretty easy as far as site and media. Now I have to work on sponsors!!!!!!!! I am going to start hitting that hard after the first of the year. I have some special ideas to include members from the foundation that aren't participating in the walk. I will be getting volunteers for that soon. But I am getting baby blankets so these beanie babies would go great in a basket for the raffle. Let me know if you need any other tips. If we all work together I am sure it will be a huge success. Oh Yeah and if you have a CICI's Pizza they will do a fundraisor for you. 10% proceeds go to you that night. So everyone check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
miracle3

Postby molly419 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:47 am

Anyone else corrdinating a walk have ideas to bounce off one another? This is a great way to network...
molly419

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia