Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Just in case....

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Just in case....

Postby aimeejane » Tue Feb 07, 2006 09:33 pm

I have a contact at our local CBS affiliate, and she checked on the possibility of having a PSA run for the walk. Unfortunately, they can only do it if we have a pre-produced spot (30 sec.) that we can provide. Since I haven't heard anything of the like, I assume one's not available, but I thought I'd check, just in case.

If we don't have one in place for this year, I think we should definitely consider it for next year. Something canned that we can send to all local affiliates would be excellent, and I bet we could even get a film student to do it as a class project. (Several of my coworkers at the store are film students at the Art Institute of Atlanta.) Of course, it would take time and planning on our parts to develop what we want to say...so I guess that's for next year. [:D]
aimeejane

Re : Just in case....

Postby mikeys mom » Wed Feb 08, 2006 06:55 am

I don't know what a PSA is but that is great.. I guess :)
mikeys mom

Postby darcynulph » Wed Feb 08, 2006 08:02 am

Aimee-

That is a wonderful idea!
darcynulph

Postby jenandtheboys » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:18 am

PSA---public service announcement, I think. THat's awesome if you could get that done........good luck! [:)]
jenandtheboys

Postby bicyclist » Thu Feb 09, 2006 01:50 pm

What a great opportunity! WAT is still three months away. Is there a way to put out a message to all members across the country to see if someone can pull this off for this year? Could state coordinators put out an e-mail to as many members as possible to see if someone can help make this happen, if it's too late it'll be ready for next year, to use before the annual conference, etc.

Never doubt what a small group of thoughtful citizens can do.
-Margaret Meade
bicyclist

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia