Walk fee for children?

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Walk fee for children?

Postby julie f » Fri Mar 03, 2006 01:58 pm

Question for you!

I've been asked if children under a certain age walk for free, or if they still need to pay the registration fee. Do we have a set policy on this, or is it varying from state to state?

Thanks!
julie f

Re : Walk fee for children?

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Mar 03, 2006 07:41 pm

I contacted kstevens about this issue because we also had the same questions arising in Indiana. Here is her reply:

"Basically if a child is "walking" and they want a t-shirt then we charged them the $15 - if not we suggested that they could make a donation for the child and the child would just walk. We don't have kids t-shirts so we sold mediums. We did charge every adult though. LOL"

I like that! :-)
timelessbeauty

Postby kdreher » Fri Mar 03, 2006 08:06 pm

In Philly last year the only children that paid and got a t-shirt were probably over the age of 8 or 9.
kdreher

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Mar 03, 2006 08:07 pm

Thank you Kris for your information because we are going to make that our standard for here. It helps having members like you who have already done this once to bounce questions off of. :-)
timelessbeauty

Postby aimeejane » Thu Mar 09, 2006 03:59 pm

In Georgia, we let kids under 10 walk for free, unless they want a t-shirt. Of course, we get a signed release for every person participating, even the infants.
aimeejane

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia