WAT opening remarks

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

WAT opening remarks

Postby Dawn D » Mon Mar 27, 2006 06:05 pm

Hi all!

could you share your ideas or suggestions for what you might say in your opening welcome remarks this year? I know some of you have guest speakers, but will you speak? I would like to ask two other women from my area to share their appreciation and any remarks they wish at the start.....
I can't remember if last year Eleni or Jaime sent some info that was to be shared ???

ALSO
last year the "crowd" was small enough that I was able to project my voice (loudly but effectively). I don't know if that would work with a larger group this year. Did you/do you plan to use mics, megaphone, bullhorn or just voice???

thanks,

Dawn (Pottsgrove, PA W-A-T)

Dawn (34)
Kirk (35)
Mya (4) delivered @ 30 wks/ 3 lbs/ emerg c-sec/ severe PreE/ remained severe following delivery
Dawn D

Re : WAT opening remarks

Postby jillmushet » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:46 am

Hi Dawn: Last year, I spoke for several minutes.

The remarks included:
welcome
brief remarks on my personal story and how I found the PF
brief description of PF and its goals
thanks to all who helped with the walk-a-thon with names and acknowledgment
thanks to sponsors
silent moment for the lives pe has taken
description on the walk course
ending thank you.

The one thing I didn't do was introduce myself! Ugh! It was a small crowd. I was able to speak up, and everyone heard me. I wasn't able to get through it without crying. This year's remarks/speaker hasn't been decided yet.
jillmushet

Re : WAT opening remarks

Postby Dawn D » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:16 am

thanks Jill, that is helpful! I hope to hear form others as planning moves along.
~Dawn
Dawn D

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia