Post WAT Feedback HERE!

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Post WAT Feedback HERE!

Postby grace04 » Fri May 05, 2006 09:40 am

Hello to all the awesome wonderful volunteers putting so much time and energy into the 2006 WAT!! [:D] Its countdown time!! As we did last year, I encourage you to post in this thread the results of your WAT.... Starting with PA and AZ who are having their WATs on May 6! Here's some ideas of info to post:

--Number of Walkers
--Estimated $$ Raised
--Weather!! (hopefully sunny!)
--Media coverage
--Any special stories

Can't wait to read all the responses over the next few weeks!

grace04

Re : Post WAT Feedback HERE!

Postby molly419 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:17 pm

Harrisburg, PA Walk-A-Thon

I still need to do an official count on the number of walkers, but there were around 60. We also got rid of all the t-shirts, except for 2! [:)]

Today, we brought in $8,927.00 that includes silent auction items, donations, and company sponsors. We are expecting a few more checks to come in, and that does not count the fundraisers that were held, and registration money.

The weather was perfect for the walk. In the high 70's and sunny! Earlier in the week, there was a prediction for rain.

Heather gave a great speech on her son, Conner, which was so moving. In fact, I had a hard time getting through the rest of my speech. I was happy at the number of people from the community who came out for the walk. I had two women approach me to help out with next years walk and get involved with the PF in general. We also passed out 80 brochures and all the magnets. The walk was a great success!
Heather--you are wonderful!
molly419

Postby grace04 » Sun May 07, 2006 01:46 am

Hi Molly!! So glad to hear that everything went well!! Way to go and WOW!!! Its so great that you raised so much $$$!!! GOOD JOB!!!!
grace04

Postby lorelei » Sun May 07, 2006 07:12 am

That's awesome Molly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lorelei

Postby Dawn D » Wed May 10, 2006 01:00 am

Pottsgrove, PA W-A-T

Here is the link to the results report I posted under the Pennsylvania forum.

http://preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16429

Dawn (34)
Kirk (35)
Mya (4) delivered @30 wks/emerg c-section/3 lbs/ severe PreE/ remained severe 3 weeks post-partum

Dawn D

Postby kdreher » Wed May 10, 2006 09:57 am

Wow Molly that is a tremendous total. Great job, you should be so proud, I know I am.

Dawn your walk was a huge success as well. Thank You for your hard work.
kdreher

Postby grace04 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:06 am

HOW DID ALL OF THE WALK'S GO YESTERDAY???? Here in Minneapolis we had a great walk - despite 43 degrees and RAIN! We still had 127 people -- and we are projecting we broke $15,000 in raised $$ !! Also many of you might remember Tammy, the young mom who almost lost her life from severe HELLP last year? She was there!! Although she is still too ill to walk -- it was so great to see her. She has lost a lot of weight from the dialysis and she is still on a waiting list for a kidney transplant. I'm so glad that she came to say hello (it is about a 4 hour drive for her!)

I can't wait to hear how everyone else's WATs went!!
grace04

Postby miracle3 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:41 am

My walk in Ohio went ok. We had about 20 Walkers in total. It was very cold and rainy and the weather alone had a big affect on the amount of walkers I had. Even some of the pre registered people didn't show up. I think we raised close to $900.00 which I think was fantastic. We are still going to have some checks coming in as I am sure some of the pre registered people that weren't in attendance collected some pledges. I was excited in the fact that I got to meet Tanya and her family as well as one other family from Ohio. You get so close to people and devolop such a relationship with them online that it is nice to finally meet them.

There are also some big accomplishments that I acheived this year. I was on 3 different radio stations (that put me in many peoples homes, cars, and work places), I had 3 items in the newspaper (one being a major article on the front page), and because of me having been on the radio I have now made quite a connection with Kroger co. A lady heard me and she is a manger at Krogers. They have a Kroger magazine and she published the walk in the Kroger magazine. That magazine goes to every Kroger employee across the WORLD so now millions of people know about us and our efforts. I have been able to start building a relationship with the labor and delivery department at the hospital and I hope I can continue to develop that and possibly get closer with patients.

I know Ohio didn't bring in the most money this year but it was my first year and the weather was pure nasty!!!

However, some of the other things I have managed to accomplish were far more important to me than all the money in the world!!! The awareness I have created not only in my neighborhood but in the country is more than I could have ever hoped for.

Jaime and Kris, please put me down for a walk next year. This was hard work but very rewarding. I just want to thank the foundation for giving me the opportunity to participate in such a great event.
miracle3

Postby grace04 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:45 pm

Hi Danielle -- That is GREAT!!!!!! Not only did you do a FABULOUS job with PR [:D] but you raised $900 and had 20 people in t-shirts helping to spread awareness!!!!!!! Don't ever feel bad about any amount of money because every dollar raised is very valuable! $900 is great!!!!! Thank you sooo much for all of your hard work and I'm so glad you are on board for next year!!! [:D]
grace04

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon May 15, 2006 08:13 am

Indianapolis was also hit by hard rains and cold windy temps but we had 15 walkers show up!! We are proud of our awareness. We raised $1500.00 approx., so that's not bad for a first run in the rain and cold. Our spirits were high that we did a good job, just wished the weather could have cooperated. We have video taken by my father of the event. Indiana has another walk coming up on May 27th in Auburn which I will be walking in as well! This walk in Indianapolis was proclaimed "Ben's Walk" in honor of my son which was very sweet!

The walk was beautiful along the canal downtown and I was just thrilled at the company with whom I was able to walk! We shall keep pouring on the efforts all year long to do something each month to raise awareness at the very least.

Awesome job to all who took on the challenge of putting together a Walk-a-thon in your area! Just in doing that and raising awareness, you have championed the cause for which we want a cure! Thank You for a job well done!

GO TEAM PF!
timelessbeauty

Next

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia