'07 WAT?

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

'07 WAT?

Postby sandy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 00:58 am

...so is it too early to start talking about the '07 WAT? I don't want to take important energy away from "Saving Grace" and other important awareness/fundraisers between now and Spring if it's too early.

I have the permit and date set for the location out here in San Diego...if it's appropriate to start talking about it now, I welcome any chit-chat about the planning process from anyone else! (This is my first local WAT coordination effort.)

sandy

Re : '07 WAT?

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Jul 19, 2006 08:49 am

Sandy, if this is your first WAT effort, I commend you for thinking this far ahead! It's a very daunting process and can easily overwhelm people trying it for the first time, as it did me this past May. We started our conversations about the WAT last year around November but it's never too early to start planning. One thing I found out in doing my WAT was that there is a lot of follow up involved like when letters are sent out for sponsorship/silent auction items, I would call some thinking they possibly didn't want to participate only to find out they had sent something and I had not received it yet. It took on average about 2-4 weeks for a response on the letters and many companies have a limited amount of funding they can offer to outreach projects and that distribution of funds starts right away at the beginning of the calendar year it would seem. I am already trying to brainstorm a list of potential sponsors I would like to ask this next year that I didn't ask this year due to my late start. Do you have any help lined up for your event? You could ask for this past WAT's budget to see what all was involved in the planning process financially, shirt costs, insurance coverage, any other incidentals that may require additional funding or start up money to get you going. I am more than willing to hear other ideas as I want to hone my skills at this type of event.
timelessbeauty

Postby julie f » Wed Jul 19, 2006 07:44 pm

Sandy,

Ahhh, I feel lazy just reading these posts from you and Sue!!

I believe we will be having a call in the near future for those interested in discussing next year's event. Kris will be the chair of 2007's WAT, I'll forward this thread to her and I'm sure she'll be on with more info.
julie f

Postby kdreher » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:31 pm

Sandy you are ahead of us :-) I am just getting all my info together to announce a WAT kickoff/info conference call for next week. Keep your eyes posted.
kdreher

Postby sandy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:55 pm

Thanks, ladies, and thanks Kris.

I'll keep my eyes open!
sandy

Postby angelkat » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:13 pm

My eyes will be posted also!...
angelkat

Postby denise » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:13 pm

Ah, I am thinking of doing a WAT here in central WI myself next year, so I'll keep my eyes peeled as well.
denise

Postby itsok » Fri Aug 18, 2006 04:06 am

me as well
itsok

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia