Check not cashed from Marion, OH WAT

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Check not cashed from Marion, OH WAT

Postby tahoe4 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 05:49 pm

One person that donated to the Marion, OH walk-a-thon for me said his check has not been cashed yet. Can you please let me know who I can contact about this? Thanks.
tahoe4

Re : Check not cashed from Marion, OH WAT

Postby ileana » Fri Aug 25, 2006 06:04 pm

Hi, sorry about that. I emailed you...
ileana

Postby miracle3 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 09:56 pm

Stephanie, I emailed you as well.
miracle3

Postby tahoe4 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 02:28 pm

I received your emails in August and thanks for your responses. Now I have two more people telling me their checks haven't been cashed yet. When do you expect checks to be cashed? I'm now worried that due to this issues with checks being cashed in an untimely fashion that people will be reluctant to donate next year.

I'm really trying to be patient, but it is a difficult thing to explain to people why their checks haven't been cashed still 5 months after the WAT.

Please let me know. Thanks.
tahoe4

Postby allic » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:16 pm

I emailed you. With 20+ Walk locations, plus results from a big banquet all needing to be processed at that same time in May/June, I imagine it takes some time to ensure accuracy and thoroughness...especially, when it's being done by a volunteer who already has a full-time job and a new baby [;)]. I'm sure you will be contacted shortly and your questions will be answered, so you can ask for donations again this year with confidence.

Love,
Alli
allic

Postby grace04 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 01:59 pm

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for your note. All the money we have received from the WAT has been processed. We do not have any outstanding checks. If you can email me at jaime@preeclampsia.org with the names of the people that said they turned in a check, I can verify whether we received it. We document every check that comes through the door before it goes to accounts receivable for depositing. We certainly want to do what we can to get this straightened out!!

Thank you,

Jaime

grace04

Postby grace04 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 02:12 pm

Steph - FYI I just looked in our records and it appears that we received the money from the Ohio WAT on 9/14/06. It was all deposited on 9/29/06. If you friends' checks were not cashed, let me know and we can check to see if they are listed in the list of checks we received.

With regard to the delay in our receiving the money, I apologize that I didn't follow up with the outstanding WAT sites sooner - it truly was because I was so busy with my job and a new baby! I am STILL trying to adjust and get caught up on all kinds of things! We will be writing a policy into a new procedure handbook that will be given to all WAT coordinators for 2007 regarding the requirement to turn all WAT money in within two weeks of the WAT.

Thanks!
grace04

Postby tahoe4 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 05:38 pm

Thanks for responding, everyone. Someone had asked me about their check a few weeks ago and I've been forgetting to ask about it again. So maybe their checks have been cashed now. I'll follow up with them and let you know if anything hasn't been cashed.
tahoe4

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia