Nationwide Preeclampsia Walk-A-Thon - Sat., May 7,

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!
timelessbeauty

Re : Nationwide Preeclampsia Walk-A-Thon - Sat., May 7,

Postby timelessbeauty » Tue Mar 29, 2005 06:23 am

I copied off the information on how to get started off the website and will see what I can arrange. Thank you for your support! I shall get the word out.

Sue

grace04

Postby grace04 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 05:28 am

Hi Sue,

Whichever is easier for you, we will support you. The Pottsgrove, PA location is holding their WAT one week later on May 14. Otherwise, all other locations are on May 7. Just let me know what you decide and I will help you as much as I can!!

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director
Minnesota Coordinator
National Event Coordinator

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Mar 27, 2005 06:59 am

Jaime,

In Indiana, a prime location for a Walk-a-Thon would be the Indianapolis Racetrack but it's busy the weekend we are doing the majority of the Walk-a-thons across the nation. Would it be possible if Indy did a Walk-a-thon another weekend? Or I can see about switching it to another location but I still don't know if I could get all that organized in time seeing I'm due pretty soon with another munchkin. I've sent out an email to my Indiana folks and will be sending letters pretty soon. I am going to try to organize either a grand garage sale with proceeds going towards PF or set up a craft booth at the local fairs. I know quite a few people that like to craft and I'm sure we could come up with something festive!

I just need to read our website about what things I need to consider when organizing an event. I want to do this appropriately.

Sue

grace04

Postby grace04 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 09:13 pm

Thank you for your interest! I sent your email address to Carol, the Ann Arbor coordinator. She should be in touch with you soon.

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann

wenndii

Postby wenndii » Thu Mar 03, 2005 09:03 pm

Iam near Ann Arbor Michigan and would like to join the walk if I can.
How do I go about doing this?
wenndii001@aol.com[:)]

grace04

Postby grace04 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 06:42 pm

Will do! Thanks for thinking of them!

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann

kimb

Postby kimb » Mon Feb 28, 2005 04:59 pm

Jaime - when you have spec's on the Minneapolis walk can you let me know. I have a bro and sister and their families there (i'm not) and would like to get them to participate there. I know they do other walks so I'm sure they would in Will's memory. Please email me at kim@bruns-net.com. Thanks!

Kim 35
William Michael - my angel - pe/HELLP 7/7/03

lors63

Postby lors63 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 05:40 pm

Hi, I am checking with City Hall tomorrow for the permit info/cost and all that. Even if I can only get 10 people to walk, I will feel good if one person sees Pre Ecl on a shirt and says WHATS THAT? and looks it up.

I already ordered some items from Tracy Kapp too, lavendar stuff.,to help support PF.

How do I go about getting all the brochures and stuff, and reimbursement for the permits and insurance if it is needed also? Thanks, I am excited , this is my passion and my sorrow, that more dont know about it, I am pushing for "Coca Cola" pee to be on the last trimester handouts that they give you at the dr office... It would have saved me I think....
Lorraine Inman
Houston area
"Clear Lake Nasa Rd One Walk"

I was trying to wait (to commit)to see how much help I can get but
I can make a difference no matter how small. :)

Do we get banners? Do we make our own? what do you want them to say, or not say? When we go spread the word do you want us telling our story, handing out the story of the teacher who recently died story(do we have permsission?) etc....

grace04

Postby grace04 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:20 pm

Hi Aimee!

These are GREAT questions - thank you! Let me do some checking and get back to you.

quote:
Originally posted by AimeeJane

Hi ladies!

One of our Georgia members, Jennifer, has found a source for the waterproof paper material that's used to make runners' bibs. Enough paper to do 100 bibs costs $20. She had the idea of printing up bibs on an individual basis for each registrant, using the PF logo, name of the walk, and the name of those in honor or in memorial of whom they are walking. JAIME, is this an appropriate use of the Foundatoin logo?

The other question we had was whether or not we could host a website for our local walk, where people could quickly (and in one place) get walk information (plate, time, requirement), download forms, and get our contact information. Is this something we should go ahead with, or will a page of this sort be provided on the national level?

Thanks!!

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann

grace04

Postby grace04 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:19 pm

We tossed around the title "Pregnancy is not just a walk in the park" but it wasn't agreed to by all parties so I'm not sure if that is the final theme yet or not. And yes, she is referring to May 7th [:D]

quote:
Originally posted by kstevens

I was just reading Anne's letter and she wrote "we have our Mother's Day Walk - 'Pregnancy is not just a walk in the park' - is she referrring to May 7th??? If so...and I'm just getting it now"...I LOVE the line.

Kris (35)
DH, Tom (34)
Connecticut, USA

Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
BFP 1/16/05 - M/C 1/26/05

Hoping for a 2005 miracle!

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann

Return to “The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia”