Nationwide Preeclampsia Walk-A-Thon - Sat., May 7,

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!
aimeejane

Re : Nationwide Preeclampsia Walk-A-Thon - Sat., May 7,

Postby aimeejane » Tue Feb 08, 2005 01:16 pm

This is so exciting!

I'm in the process of getting the word out to our possible volunteers in the Atlanta area before committing, but I think it'll probably be a go for us, too! What a great opportunity!!

My mind is racing with ideas.....[:D]

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)

aimeejane

Postby aimeejane » Tue Feb 08, 2005 01:16 pm

This is so exciting!

I'm in the process of getting the word out to our possible volunteers in the Atlanta area before committing, but I think it'll probably be a go for us, too! What a great opportunity!!

My mind is racing with ideas.....[:D]

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)

Dawn D

Postby Dawn D » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:40 am

I am so ready to dive in...but I feel that I need the "brochure" or packet of info from PF to go further in the planning so I can be knowledgable enough about how the event will run when "selling" the idea to others. I don't want to assume or promise anything I shouldn't. Yet I want to entice supporters.
Is there any way to view any paper-work before Feb 17th? What exactly will be included in the "packet" I will receive?

Sorry if I sound impatient. I will continue to work from the planning outline you typed. I just want to roll with my enthusiasm. :)

Dawn

grace04

Postby grace04 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 06:43 pm

Oh no! Don't let the insurance issue stop you. Most of the locations will require this. We just need to know which locations require to be a named insured on our insurance policy.

Regarding getting registered in Canada - I will look in to it right away.

Thank you!

Jaime

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)

myfreckleface

Postby myfreckleface » Mon Feb 07, 2005 06:37 pm

Actually, I looked into the permit. City of Toronto requires proof of a minimum of $2,000,000 insurance coverage to apply for a permit. I'm out as far as organizing :( I'd still participate though!

I was also thinking, PF isn't a registered charity in Canada. How does this work outside of the USA? Anyone know?

quote:
Originally posted by myfreckleface

Hi there,

I'm in the Toronto area, and I'd love to organize this, but I honestly don't know if I'd have the time to do it. I really hope someone else can do it. I'm still considering it though.

quote:
Originally posted by bonnie

This is a GREAT IDEA! I would normally be in WA, but will be back home in Toronto, Canada during the time. I wonder if anyone will be organizing out there. . . I'd drag MY ENTIRE clan to walk --that would be at least 20 people!!!

Yoni and Ilanit's ima

Yonatan 7/10/2002 (35 weeks PE)
Ilanit due 11/10/2004
born at 33wks 09/25/2004
CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE . . .
http://rosenbloom.homeip.net/yoni

grace04

Postby grace04 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 06:36 pm

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for considering Jackson. I hope you will decide to coordinate it! The money from this event and the national fundraiser (scheduled for Nov. 11, 2005) will be combined to fund research regarding the impact of improved patient communication, the long-term impact of preeclampsia on women’s health, and to develop a series of continuing education courses for health care providers and educators: doctors in obstetrics and other disciplines impacted by this disorder, nurses, childbirth educators, midwives, and doulas. This money will also help us roll out a multi-faceted patient education program. This kind of education to health care providers and patients will save lives and help bring down the number of maternal and infant deaths that occur as a result of preeclampsia and related pregnancy disorders.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)

southgrim

Postby southgrim » Mon Feb 07, 2005 06:14 pm

I am considering this for the Jackson Mississippi area. I am a 3 time survivor of PE. I have alot of contacts here that I think would be very interested in supporting our cause. I lost one of my twins to complications from PE. I lurk on the boards and keep up with what is going on around here. [;)]
[?][?]
This may have been addressed already, but what whould the money raised be used for?

Thanks
Kimberly
Mississippi
PS...anyone else on the boards in my area that would be willing to co-chair?[?]

Kimberly
Mom to 5, 2 in my arms and 2 in His - and Olivia Grace coming soon!

allic

Postby allic » Mon Feb 07, 2005 04:55 pm

Is there anyone in the Toledo, OH area (besides Wendy)? I'll be moving there from Florida, but not until the end of March. I can definitely get participants and probably sponsors when I arrive, but Wendy and I need someone there to help us coordinate the event.

Alli (29)
DH Doug (35)
DS Colton (8/5/02-34 wks-PIH/PE)
DD Aubrie (4/17/04-30wks-PIH/severe PE)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aubriejane/

jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Mon Feb 07, 2005 04:28 pm

Dear Jamie:

Our group in AZ wants to assure walkers/donors that their contribution is tax deductable. Will this info be in the packet?

Jill

myfreckleface

Postby myfreckleface » Mon Feb 07, 2005 03:45 pm

Hi there,

I'm in the Toronto area, and I'd love to organize this, but I honestly don't know if I'd have the time to do it. I really hope someone else can do it. I'm still considering it though.

quote:
Originally posted by bonnie

This is a GREAT IDEA! I would normally be in WA, but will be back home in Toronto, Canada during the time. I wonder if anyone will be organizing out there. . . I'd drag MY ENTIRE clan to walk --that would be at least 20 people!!!

Yoni and Ilanit's ima

Yonatan 7/10/2002 (35 weeks PE)
Ilanit due 11/10/2004
born at 33wks 09/25/2004
CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE . . .
http://rosenbloom.homeip.net/yoni

Return to “The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia”