Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Nationwide Preeclampsia Walk-A-Thon - Sat., May 7,

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Re : Nationwide Preeclampsia Walk-A-Thon - Sat., May 7,

Postby grace04 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:06 pm

by grace04 (497 Posts), Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:06 pm

Hi Dawn,

You are not being impatient. Don't worry! The information we send you will likely be a tri-fold brochure that will detail information about the PF, the purpose of the walk, a registration form, a disclaimer, and of course the date/time/location and contact info for the local coordinator.

If you have specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or post them and I will answer them as best I can!

quote:
Originally posted by dkandm

I am so ready to dive in...but I feel that I need the "brochure" or packet of info from PF to go further in the planning so I can be knowledgable enough about how the event will run when "selling" the idea to others. I don't want to assume or promise anything I shouldn't. Yet I want to entice supporters.
Is there any way to view any paper-work before Feb 17th? What exactly will be included in the "packet" I will receive?

Sorry if I sound impatient. I will continue to work from the planning outline you typed. I just want to roll with my enthusiasm. :)

Dawn

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)
grace04

Postby grace04 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:08 pm

by grace04 (497 Posts), Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:08 pm

Thank you for your enthusiasm! It would be great if you could coordinate on for Evansville, IN. Even if you only have 10 people there - it will be a success!

quote:
Originally posted by Icats

I would love to help organize this!! I live in Evansville,IN and am not sure if it is a big enough city. What do you think? I know we have "Race for the Cure" and it gets lots of attention. Let me know what you think. Evansville has about 130,000 people.

Icats
(Class I HELLP, PIH)
Mother of Payton Mary
33 weeks 5 days
http://www.preeclampsia.org/stories/story.asp?ID=657

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
grace04

Postby grace04 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:09 pm

by grace04 (497 Posts), Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:09 pm

Hi Melissa,

I answered this question just a moment ago a little earlier in the forum. We are expecting to have a draft complete this week with the final materials ready by the end of the month. [:D]

quote:
Originally posted by leskiem

I would like to organize something for the Southern New Jersey area. I also feel like I need some brochures or something to get the ball rolling. My husband is very excited and wants to help too, but neither of us have ever done anything like this.

I've seen a couple of previous posters mention this same concern....any word on how soon materials/information could be sent out to all of us yet?

Melissa
William David - s/b @ 24 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP 4/27/02
Ethan Lucas - Pre-e free, 2/27/04

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
grace04

Postby grace04 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:12 pm

by grace04 (497 Posts), Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:12 pm

Hi Aimee,

Good questions. First, I wanted to let you know that we are planning to have the t-shirts printed in the first part of April so that we can get them out to local groups and they can then add additional logos if needed.

With regard to other print media, feel free to add your local sponsors to anything you put together for your local walk-a-thon. I think all the ideas you listed are great.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by AimeeJane

Hi Jaime,

I know you said we'll approach each potential corporate sponsor on a case-by-case basis, but I have a LOT of ideas of folks to approach, and it would be preferable to approach them and be able to say, "If you give us XXX, we will put your name YYY." The two people I've talked to so far want to know that up front. Is there any idea about how this would be handled? I would assume that since the t-shirts are being printed in bulk on the national level that listing local sponsors on them wouldn't be an option. Could they instead be listed on our flyers, posters, banners and/or in our print ads? It would be a lot easier to negotiate knowing this at the beginning.

Thanks so much!

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
grace04

Postby grace04 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:18 pm

by grace04 (497 Posts), Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:18 pm

Hi Dawn,

Great questions! Regarding the balloons, posters, etc., the PF colors are blue and maroon (see logo). If you need something printed I can send you our PMS colors.

You can reprint info from the web site as long as you identify that it came from the PF web site.

There will be a credit card form on the registration brochure. Of course we recommend collecting money prior to the event but many people will likely pay onsite as well.

Great idea on recognizing sponsors - you may have better luck with printing though if you are able to get their actual logo. Scanning in letterhead typically results in low-res logos that don't turn out well when printed.

Thanks for all your questions and thoughts!

quote:
Originally posted by dkandm

I'm getting a little confused as to which topic I should post under, but here are some random thoughts,questions/suggestions...

-Balloons, posters, etc....does the PFoundation have a universal color that represents our cause (ex: pink is for breast cancer awareness). Maybe Periwinkle?? What color are the t-shirts?

- are we permitted to take info from this site and reproduce it...for example the "Cost of PReE in USA" stats?

-In order to have any idea of a t-shirt count by March 1st, we really need registration forms...we should collect $15 fee in advance to ensure participation right? or only collect $ the day of walk? How do we go about accepting credit card payment for reg. fee?

-suggestion for getting sponsors: collect business card or letter head and ensure sponsers that their logo will be used to advertise their business. Ask print shop to print and donate a banner that shows all sponsors logos...hang on registration table the day of walk. or have a separate pamphlet handed out the day of race which has logos of sponsors along with a sincere note of thanks included.

Dawn

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
grace04

Postby grace04 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:19 pm

by grace04 (497 Posts), Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:19 pm

We tossed around the title "Pregnancy is not just a walk in the park" but it wasn't agreed to by all parties so I'm not sure if that is the final theme yet or not. And yes, she is referring to May 7th [:D]

quote:
Originally posted by kstevens

I was just reading Anne's letter and she wrote "we have our Mother's Day Walk - 'Pregnancy is not just a walk in the park' - is she referrring to May 7th??? If so...and I'm just getting it now"...I LOVE the line.

Kris (35)
DH, Tom (34)
Connecticut, USA

Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
BFP 1/16/05 - M/C 1/26/05

Hoping for a 2005 miracle!

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
grace04

Postby grace04 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:20 pm

by grace04 (497 Posts), Sun Feb 13, 2005 06:20 pm

Hi Aimee!

These are GREAT questions - thank you! Let me do some checking and get back to you.

quote:
Originally posted by AimeeJane

Hi ladies!

One of our Georgia members, Jennifer, has found a source for the waterproof paper material that's used to make runners' bibs. Enough paper to do 100 bibs costs $20. She had the idea of printing up bibs on an individual basis for each registrant, using the PF logo, name of the walk, and the name of those in honor or in memorial of whom they are walking. JAIME, is this an appropriate use of the Foundatoin logo?

The other question we had was whether or not we could host a website for our local walk, where people could quickly (and in one place) get walk information (plate, time, requirement), download forms, and get our contact information. Is this something we should go ahead with, or will a page of this sort be provided on the national level?

Thanks!!

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
grace04

Postby lors63 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 05:40 pm

by lors63 (23 Posts), Mon Feb 14, 2005 05:40 pm

Hi, I am checking with City Hall tomorrow for the permit info/cost and all that. Even if I can only get 10 people to walk, I will feel good if one person sees Pre Ecl on a shirt and says WHATS THAT? and looks it up.

I already ordered some items from Tracy Kapp too, lavendar stuff.,to help support PF.

How do I go about getting all the brochures and stuff, and reimbursement for the permits and insurance if it is needed also? Thanks, I am excited , this is my passion and my sorrow, that more dont know about it, I am pushing for "Coca Cola" pee to be on the last trimester handouts that they give you at the dr office... It would have saved me I think....
Lorraine Inman
Houston area
"Clear Lake Nasa Rd One Walk"

I was trying to wait (to commit)to see how much help I can get but
I can make a difference no matter how small. :)

Do we get banners? Do we make our own? what do you want them to say, or not say? When we go spread the word do you want us telling our story, handing out the story of the teacher who recently died story(do we have permsission?) etc....
lors63

Postby kimb » Mon Feb 28, 2005 04:59 pm

by kimb (140 Posts), Mon Feb 28, 2005 04:59 pm

Jaime - when you have spec's on the Minneapolis walk can you let me know. I have a bro and sister and their families there (i'm not) and would like to get them to participate there. I know they do other walks so I'm sure they would in Will's memory. Please email me at kim@bruns-net.com. Thanks!

Kim 35
William Michael - my angel - pe/HELLP 7/7/03
kimb

Postby grace04 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 06:42 pm

by grace04 (497 Posts), Mon Feb 28, 2005 06:42 pm

Will do! Thanks for thinking of them!

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
grace04

PreviousNext

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia