T-Shirt Orders

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

T-Shirt Orders

Postby grace04 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:51 am

Hello Walk-A-Thoners!

I am very excited by all the energy and enthusiasm you are each putting into our inaugural walk-a-thon!! I have so enjoyed working with each of you and hearing about your progress. It is because of you that this first year will be a success! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all of your time, energy and enthusiasm.

Many of you have asked when the deadline is for t-shirt orders. The final deadline is April 1, 2005. We understand you will not have all of your registrations in by then, but we are requesting that you give us your expected number of walkers. We need to order the t-shirts on that day in order to get them early enough to send to the locations, while still allowing you time to print sponsors on them (if you desire).

RIGHT NOW, please let me know what your anticipated number of walkers is by posting that number on this forum. This can be a general number and you are not “being held” to anything. We need this number because we are submitting for quotes on getting the t-shirts made and I want to have a general idea of how many we will need.

FYI, I expect we will send each location 10% additional for any onsite registrations.

Thank you.

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)
grace04

Re : T-Shirt Orders

Postby allic » Sun Mar 06, 2005 08:09 am

Having a bit of an issue. We are going to have an information table at the first Mud Hen's game on April 15 (I think it's the 15, anyway) where people can sign up to walk. I'm going to say we'll need 300 shirts (for the April 1 deadline). However, we've had a great response from the Mud Hens and the Tigers and are going to have an announcement on the scoreboard, with the possibility of a video message on the jumbotron. I fear this little event of ours will draw a bigger crowd than 300 and don't know how to estimate the response of the "sell out crowd." Should I do t-shirst to the first 300 people? We're trying to estimate our costs because the MudHens want to know so they can help out as much as possible and Wendy's employer wants a proposal for a water donation. But I have no idea how to do this because of the uncertainty in the number of people who will attend. I don't want to limit it...the more the merrier...the more the money for PF. Please help. Thanks!
Alli

Alli (29)
DH Doug (36)
DS Colton (8/5/02-34 wks-PIH/PE)
DD Aubrie (4/17/04-30wks-PIH/severe PE)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aubriejane/
allic

Postby annegarrett » Sun Mar 06, 2005 08:34 pm

So exciting!! Jaime has the final say here but my 2 cents are that you should get an estimate, increase that by 10%, and then take orders for those who want one in case you run out. Something along those lines. Actually--getting addresses is always great--cause then those people are added onto the mailing list. Jaime?

Anne Garrett
Founder/Spokeswoman
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby allic » Mon Mar 07, 2005 03:59 pm

Thanks Anne. Wendy and I talked about it and decided to stick to 300. If we get more, we get more. But I guess Toledo has a lot going on during the month of May, so 300 might be pretty accurate. We'll see... [:D]

Alli (29)
DH Doug (36)
allic

Postby grace04 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 04:02 pm

Hi Alli-

Just wanted to let you know that you can always order more afterward if you need to. I am going to keep a count of any additionals we need and order them in bulk after the event.

Thanks,

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
grace04

Postby allic » Mon Mar 07, 2005 06:48 pm

The only thing that concerns me there is how we'll get all the t-shirts to the walkers after the event. Our major sign up date will come on April 15. We'll know then if we'll need more than 300 and exactly how much more. Maybe there's a chance we could still get any extras by the walk date, if we let you know by April 16. BTW, What format do we need to submit the sponsors' logo in?

Alli (29)
DH Doug (36)
allic

Postby grace04 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 07:20 pm

I think if you give me the extra order on April 16, then he should be able to swing it by May 7. It will be tight but I could forewarn him about it so he is prepared.

Sponsors logo need to be a high resolution .eps file, if possible.

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
grace04

Postby allic » Tue Mar 08, 2005 06:59 am

Thanks so much!

Alli (29)
DH Doug (36)
allic

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia