Fundraiser

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Fundraiser

Postby rachel a » Tue Mar 01, 2005 06:26 am

Jamie,

This is kind of off the wall...but I was hoping to do two jobs with one fundraiser.

I coach cheerleading and we are currently doing fundraisers for summer camp. Our school (FBLA) does a fundraiser for the March of Dimes. They collect donations and keep half for their group and send the other half to the March of Dimes. I thought that we could do a similar fundraiser for the PE Foundation.

Every dollar that the girls raise, half goes to the Foundation and half goes to pay for their summer camp. How do you feel about this?

I was thinking that we could make business cards with the Foundation's name and web address, with a blank line for the donor's name and a blank line for the amount they gave. I'm still working out the details but I just wanted to run this by you first.

Thanks,

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

Dylan Samuel 10/04/04 @ 32 weeks (due to severe PE)
rachel a

Re : Fundraiser

Postby kdreher » Tue Mar 01, 2005 06:40 am

Rachel
Is this something that would be mailed out? I know I get mail from March of Dimes, St Jude, Diabetes, etc. Great idea...I know for me I have asked family and friends for donations via a letter and now the walk so I'd like other options down the road to hit the public.

Kris (35)
DH, Tom (35)
Connecticut, USA

Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
miscarriage 1/26/05

Hoping for a 2005 miracle!

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net
kdreher

Postby grace04 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 08:09 am

Rachel -

That sonds like a great idea. I can't think of any initial reasons why we couldn't do it, but I am going to check with a couple people first and get back to you.

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)
grace04

Postby annegarrett » Tue Mar 01, 2005 09:51 am

This sounds great. Basically--ideas like this--that are already "tried and true" (like hosting a Bunko party, or a dinner in your home, or such) just need the PF seal of approval so you can use the logo and such and then you should go for it. Work with Jaime to make it happen! Thanks!!!

Anne Garrett
Founder/Spokeswoman
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby rachel a » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:40 am

Kris,

For the time being, I would do it just here in my school. I would have my girls "beat the streets" to get the donations.

I'm thinking if I can get the "okay" from Jamie I will contact my fellow Arkansas coaches and see if they would be interested in doing this fundraiser as well.

We'll start small and if things go well, maybe we could make this a regular fundraiser that other schools and coaches would be interested in.

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

rachel a

Postby annegarrett » Wed Mar 02, 2005 08:02 am

Catherine and I chatted last night and she was sharing how your state's situation might be somewhat different from say, California, in that there is really only 1-2 places where our very sick women and children go. I think that highlights that different states will have different things that work for them. As long as you run things by the PF headquarters and get their seal of approval--think big--think outside the box. Everything we do--is impacting this disease and making a difference.

Take care,

Anne Garrett
Founder/Spokeswoman
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby rachel a » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:17 am

Anne,

Arkansas is really at a severe disadvantage. We really have only one hospital that "can" deal with this disease. Quite saddening!

I have a rather silly question regarding the PF Headquarters...would that be Jamie or you (or am I totally off)? I know that you've allowed others to take the reins, so to speak, but I'm not exactly sure who I need to contact. At this point in my planning process I would really like to speak with someone personally.

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

rachel a

Postby annegarrett » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:16 am

Thanks for asking. Jaime is in charge of this event. I am the "pretty face" and nosy lady who butts in with comments. The headquarters for the PF is in Bellevue, WA but the administrative headquarters (where the HARD work gets done) is with Jaime in Minnesota. Always good to clarify that for those who are still wondering.

"My" job is to be the face and voice of the organization--so I am available to speak at events, to talk to the press, to bug big business about $$, and to write about the disease. I don't really have any other talents so feel free to use those as much as you need. I am happy to come to states and meet groups--just need that group to arrange for airfare (coach), accomodations (the sleeper sofa is just fine, sleeping with Gramma Ruth is questionable), and local transportation, food, etc...Since I work at a "day" job--I can really only come on weekends and can only travel one weekend a month--so you need to arrange that with Jaime and me in advance. I am also very happy to travel on short notice in the event of a woman dying. Please contact me if you learn of such sad news.

Thanks again!

Anne Garrett
Founder/Spokeswoman
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby rachel a » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:46 am

Anne,

I will do just that! Thanks for clearing the air.

Wishing you a marvelous weekend!

Rachel Adamson
Arkansas Coordinator

rachel a

Postby grace04 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 08:44 am

Hi Rachel -

Just FYI, I was assuming Anne's note above was a green light for you on this idea, but thought I would clarify that you can go ahead!!

Thanks!

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)
grace04

Next

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia