Banners

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Re : Banners

Postby annegarrett » Tue Mar 22, 2005 04:05 pm

It is nice to have all the banners look the same but since you have already gotten a donation--I think you will want to go with the option you have. You can work with Jaime and Eleni to ensure that the banner looks like the PF logo, colors, etc...consistency in style is the goal but we should also never turn down any offer to help. Always delicate but I would say to go ahead with what you have worked out and coordinate details with Eleni. Hey, that reminds me--keep a list of all "donations" because we need to provide tax receipts for those and Jaime may need help with the volume of those around this event. You might be asked to generate them and provide a copy to national--but I will let Jaime make that call. Every donation counts--even non-monetary compensation.

Take care,

Anne Garrett
Founder/Spokeswoman
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby aimeejane » Tue Mar 22, 2005 04:42 pm

Jill, did you approach a Chik-Fil-A restaurant manager, or the company itself? Thanks!

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)
aimeejane

Postby jillmushet » Tue Mar 22, 2005 05:25 pm

An AZ PF member has a sister-in-law who works for Chick-Fil-A. The SIL really went to bat for us with senior management. Therefore, I want to honor the commitment they made to us.

We found lower prices, some half the cost, but none that offered unlimited color as Kinko's has. Various logo colors demand various colors. We have sponsors that were promised a logo on the banner. These are local and national companies. Also, it is an outdoor material that will be durable. I like to think that I'll pull it out again 10 years from now and display it at the 10-year WAT! :)

I agree that the banners should have consistent graphics, and be professioanlly done. Other than that, I don't agree that it is important to have the banners identical. Having our banner done locally does ensure that all sponsor logos will be done correctly. After all, we will approach these same sponsors again next year.

Kinko's can catch images from the Internet, so we will have the PF logo, colors, etc. Please let me know of any specific design elements for the banner itself.

Thanks!

FYI: Chick-Fil-A is sending a check directly to PF. I will pay for the banner at pick-up. PF reimburses me.

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Previous

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia