Is anyone in CA doing a Walk a thon?

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Is anyone in CA doing a Walk a thon?

Postby speechieteachie » Sun Mar 06, 2005 08:57 am

Hi there,
I would love to be part of a walk a thon for PE in southern CA but I know I can't do it by myself. I am a working mommy and I don't think I could get all that stuff done on the list by myself. Anybody want to work together???
Thanks.
Michele
speechieteachie

Re : Is anyone in CA doing a Walk a thon?

Postby julie f » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:27 am

Michele,

Hi and welcome! My name is Julie and I'm the group coordinator for Southern CA. As of right now, we do not have a walk-a-thon scheduled for So CA. I have a brand new one at home so, I'm not able to commit to coordinating a walk at this time, Dh and I are also in a wedding that day.

I believe though that there have been several people in the So Cal area that have offered to help if we get one going. I'm kind of in the same place, I can help but don't feel like I'd be able to commit to taking the leadership role at this time, my hands are occupied about 22 hours of the day for the next couple of months...[8D]

I'm sure you will be hearing from Jamie soon and I am going to send you an email right now as well.

Julie (28)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Jackson Charles 01/24/05, 36wks 6dys - NO PE!!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby speechieteachie » Sun Mar 06, 2005 07:31 pm

Hi,
I read your post. I know we have such busy lives, but this seems like such a good thing to do. Let me know how I can help. I have a place in mind for the walk, but have no idea what is needed to make it happen.
Michele

Mommy to Ethan born at 32 weeks 5lbs 1oz on 6/10/04
speechieteachie

Postby aimeejane » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:25 am

I hope y'all are able to get one going in So Cal! I know there'd probably be at least one non-foundation-member showing up! (My sister lives in Redondo Bch.)

Michele, find the person "in charge" of the area you're considering, and just call! I called the head of our county's Park & Recs department, and that started the ball rolling. Good luck!

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)
aimeejane

Postby grace04 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 03:57 pm

Hi All -

Just wanted to let you know there has been a lot of interest in a So Cal event, but unfortunately no one has been able to coordinate it. You might want to start a thread asking for participation interest.

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)
grace04

Postby speechieteachie » Mon Mar 07, 2005 04:31 pm

Okay... I will call the park I am thinking of. I don't know where you guys live in Southern California, but I was thinking of Craig Park in Fullerton. It is by Cal State Fullerton. I have seen other events there. I will check into it.
Thanks.
Michele

Mommy to Ethan born at 32 weeks 5lbs 1oz on 6/10/04
speechieteachie

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia