Post Reply FAQ Members Login

WAT brochures - adding local info

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

WAT brochures - adding local info

Postby carolh » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:06 am

by carolh (206 Posts), Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:06 am

Hi All -

Just wondering how all of you have decided to 'customize' the WAT brochure with your local info? Have most of you had Jaime add that info in for you? Or have some of you used others who have the appropriate software to do it? What info did you include and where on the brochure does it appear?

It seems that alot of the details of our walkathon will not fit on the brochure (parking instructions, map of walk route, details about prizes/raffle, and other exciting info that will hopefully entice people to attend). We have decided that we will utilize the majority of the back of the brochure to list these details (and will have to make the space for sponsors smaller or just list sponsor names and not logos) and we'll also provide this info in the Michigan Forum section and then print that link on the brochure as well.

But, I've just come across a potential problem and am wondering if anyone else has considered this..........

When someone cuts along the dotted line and mails/hands in the registration form portion of the brochure, they will only be left with the front title panel and the 'What is preeclampsia' inside portion. So, whatever info about the Walk is printed on the back will be sent back to coordinator and won't be available to the walker to refer to once the Walk gets closer. Walkers who are friends and family will probably be easy to remind of the details via email, but for those 'random' people who pick these up at a location where you've left a stack may be more difficult to reach, especially if they don't list their email address on the registration form. Maybe including the web link to the Forum section with all the details of the Walk will avoid many problems, as long as we put the link on the front title panel.

Thoughts? Comments?

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
National Group Coordinator
Ann Arbor
carolh

Re : WAT brochures - adding local info

Postby melissa71502 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:47 am

by melissa71502 (58 Posts), Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:47 am

I actually just noticed an issue related to this. I only have my phone number and email address shown on the brochure. But, the registration form says to mail the form to the contact on the back. I can covert scanned image to pdf and tried to cut/paste but it's not very good quality. I had Jaime edit it initially, but would like her to edit again to include my address.

I'm not sure about the front title panel. All the information about the walk, location and time are on the front panel of mine.

Melissa (29)
dh Mohan (30)
Kalindi 7/25/02, 35 weeks(HELLP)
Madelyn 2/5/04, 38 weeks (PIH borderline pre-e)
melissa71502

Postby Dawn D » Thu Mar 10, 2005 02:46 pm

by Dawn D (504 Posts), Thu Mar 10, 2005 02:46 pm

Thanks for this post...I, too, have noticed these same issues...in addtion, I posted elsewhere about my original copy not folding evenly as a trifold, but Jaime helped to fix this for me.

Do we have the freedom to add a slip of paper into the tri-fold reg. form for site directions, and additional contact info that the participant can keep?

is everyone using a home phone/address as a contact or are you choosing cell phone, e-mail and PO Boxes or other?

I am thinking of scanning the form and sending to my friends and family via e-mail attachment so I can cut down on mailing time and for convenience of their reply. (I am organizing from long-distance right now) Do I need any approval to do this scanned attachment idea?

Jaime, am I safe to assume that you can make any changes that are specific to each of us?

Dawn Detweiler
Mya delivered @30 weeks severe PreE, worsened following delivery
Dawn D

Postby mom2tori » Thu Mar 10, 2005 02:53 pm

by mom2tori (3842 Posts), Thu Mar 10, 2005 02:53 pm

I did changes myself-adding my contact info which I put my home phone number, and I listed the sponsors that I have so far so I didn't print a lot of brochures since I will add them as I get them. This works good for me so far. Not sure if this is the way I am supposed to do it or not but people were asking for brochures.

Alissa mommy to:
Dominic 9/10/97-9/11/97 @ 28 weeks
Victoria 1/8/02 @ 30 weeks
mom2tori

Postby carolh » Thu Mar 10, 2005 06:13 pm

by carolh (206 Posts), Thu Mar 10, 2005 06:13 pm

Alissa -

You must have Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional software if you made the changes to the .pdf file yourself...yes? Doing it yourself is great.......the only reason that Jaime was going to be the point person for making these changes is that we figured that not many people would have the appropriate software to do it themselves. Most will have Adobe Reader but that won't let you edit a .pdf file.

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
National Group Coordinator
Ann Arbor
carolh

Postby mom2tori » Thu Mar 10, 2005 06:32 pm

by mom2tori (3842 Posts), Thu Mar 10, 2005 06:32 pm

I have the adobe stuff but what I did was scan a printed page into the /omputer and edit with our all-in-one printer scanner. Took me a while to figure it out but it works.

Alissa mommy to:
Dominic 9/10/97-9/11/97 @ 28 weeks
Victoria 1/8/02 @ 30 weeks
mom2tori

Postby grace04 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 07:34 pm

by grace04 (497 Posts), Thu Mar 10, 2005 07:34 pm

Hi all-

Carol, for most of the registration brochures, the location and time info were included on the front page so when they cut the registration form they would still have all the pertinent information.

I like Dawn's idea of adding an insert. And yes, if you need additional changes, just let me know. However, I can't commit to doing the inserts and other things because I am too swamped. I'm sorry!

Alissa- I feel bad that you went through all that work! I would be happy to update the brochure with your local contact info. Let me know if you want me to do it.

Thanks,

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)
grace04

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia