Rain or Shine

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Rain or Shine

Postby Dawn D » Thu Mar 10, 2005 09:39 pm

Does everyone have approval to walk at their site "rain or shine"? I am hopeful that we can walk no matter what, but I will be double-checking since my walk is being held on school grounds and they may not want us tearing up any turf. Is it up to us as organizers to individually decide if weather is too rainy. Who and how will we determine if a walk should be cancelled. Does the sentence printed at the bottom of the reg. form cover us for such cancellation even if it is just heavy rain?

P.S. don't get me wrong...I intend to brave all weather 8D, but I want to be prepared since such a decision will need to be made pretty much last minute.

Dawn
Mya delivered @30 weeks/emrg c-section/severe PreE worsened after delivery)
Dawn D

Re : Rain or Shine

Postby kdreher » Fri Mar 11, 2005 05:33 am

Yes we are rain or shine. The place we are having it actually said they've made calls in the past to people about their event when its been raining and they never cancel. Probably because we have use of a covered pavilion that seats up to 80.

Kris (35) & Tom (35)
Connecticut

My Angel - Tyler 3/9/95 to 3/23/95 (15 oz, 26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
Tubal Ligation 2/2000
Tubal Reversal 10/2004
Miscarriage 1/05

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net
kdreher

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia