Alternate WAT dates?

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

Alternate WAT dates?

Postby emily kates mom » Fri Apr 01, 2005 08:14 am

I know that it may be too late this year, but it could help for next year...

I live in Montgomery, AL and researched the possiblity of a WAT here. My best friend's husband is a city councilman here, and would be very helpful to us. He was very willing to help us this year, but we had a major conflict. On the WAT wekend here, we are having our "Relay for Life" (Cancer). This is a MAJOR event here, (2 days) and is also a worthy cause. In the future, when conflicts like this exist, would it be possible to plan it on an alternate weekend than the national date?

I'd love to get one of these things going, and help the PF in every way I can!

Allison (27)

Mommy to Emily Kate
Born 9/23/03, 3lbs 7.8oz
32.5 weeks
SEVERE PE / HELLP
emily kates mom

Re : Alternate WAT dates?

Postby grace04 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:20 am

Hi Allison -

Absolutely! In fact, Pottsgrove, PA are having their WAT on May 14 rather than May 7. Thank you for your interest!

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director
Minnesota Coordinator
National Event Coordinator

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)
grace04

Re : Alternate WAT dates?

Postby Dawn D » Fri Apr 01, 2005 01:10 pm

Yes, Allison, as Jaime said, we are having our walk on the weekend following the national event (May 14th). The walk site itself has another anual event on Mother's Day weekend. Also in our area there are major walks throughout the months of May and June, one of which is the "Relay for Life" - a "biggie" in our town, too.

At first I was disappointed about the conflict, but was so pleased to learn that PF would allow us to have a local walk on a different date. It does help that we are holding it close to the national walk, but I suspect the wonderful support from Jaime and the PF team would be the same at any time of year! :)

Dawn Detweiler (33) (Pottsgrove, PA WAT site)
Kirk (34)
Mya (3) born @30 weeks/3 lbs./emerg c-sec/severe preE which worsened following delivery
Dawn D

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia