When the walk is over....Post your results here!!!

Connect with Promise Walk coordinators and volunteers to share ideas, ask questions, and learn how to host or participate in a Walk in your area!

When the walk is over....Post your results here!!!

Postby grace04 » Fri May 06, 2005 08:21 pm

HELLO WAT COORDINATORS!!!!

I am starting this thread now since we are all on different time zones! When your WAT is completed and you log on to the Forum, let us know how it went!! [:D]

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director
Minnesota Coordinator
National Event Coordinator

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)
grace04

Re : When the walk is over....Post your results here!!!

Postby grace04 » Sat May 07, 2005 11:02 am

I am so thrilled with how the event went in Minnesota today!! [:D]

I have seriously been crying since it all ended – tears of joy, emotion, completion, and a general overwhelming feeling of all the support. The Lord totally blessed our day in so many ways!! We were expecting severe weather and I was so concerned this morning that it would wreck our walk and/or affect attendance. Well, the rain held off entirely until after the walk was over and we had almost 120 people attend – with 30 of those people being on-site registrations!!! [:D][:D][:D] When everyone left for the walk I stayed back to get the food set up and when I looked across the lake I saw a sea of white t-shirts and it warmed my heart to think all these people came out to support our cause!! [:I] Our bake sale brought in $252, and we also sold over $200 in the Promise Shared stars! Plus I didn’t realize how many people collected pledges for the walk – I don’t have totals but I DO know that it was well over $2000!!!!! Also, the walkers told me that as they were walking, passersby would stop and ask them what they were walking for and what Preeclampsia was. That is exactly what we were hoping for!!!!!! [:D][:D]

We have LOTS of photos and even some video!!!!

I can’t wait to hear how everyone else’s day went!!!!!!!

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director
Minnesota Coordinator
National Event Coordinator

DH Joe
Parents of Grace Ann
2/22/04-3/2/04 (born @ 27 weeks severe Pre E)
grace04

Postby rebecca » Sat May 07, 2005 02:06 pm

The Phoenix walk was awesome!! The weather was gorgeous and we had a great turnout (I'd estimate about 75 people, maybe more). It was so wonderful to see all those white tee-shirts streaming along the pathway. At the beginning of the walk, we had to cross a small bridge over some running water, and there was a mom duck with her babies backpeddling against the flow just watching us all walk by! :) This was a great event - thanks to everyone who made it possible!

Rebecca
Samantha Grace 3/11/04 (34.2wks 3lbs 11.oz)

rebecca

Postby jillmushet » Sat May 07, 2005 02:43 pm

Hi Rebecca! Thank you for volunteering at the registraton table today. You helped make everything go so smoothly.

The walk was wonderful! It was a great group of people. I counted today's donations and registrations, $1,035!!! That goes on top of close to $2000 before today!

Can't wait to hear the final national tabulations!

Jill
Claire, 34wks, 3lbs 3ozs
3/3/00, PE & HELLP
jillmushet

Postby kdreher » Sat May 07, 2005 03:46 pm

Hey Gals,
The Horsham, PA walk was a complete HIT..we had a great time and had a great turn out. I took a bunch of pics, we had free stuff like danish, water, food, etc and had over 10 gifts to giveaway as door prizes. Our grand total in donations and walk money was $2,045!! - and we only had about 70 walkers total. Yahoo!!!! We sent in just $130 in prepaid registrations in April so our grand total is $2,175. Everyone had a great time....

Joanne did an awesome job getting her friends and family out - and getting free stuff to give away.

Kris (35) & Tom (35)
Connecticut State Coordinator

My Angel - Tyler 3/9/95 to 3/23/95 (15 oz, 26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
Tubal Ligation 2/2000
Tubal Reversal 10/2004
Miscarriage 1/05

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net
kdreher

Postby aimeejane » Sat May 07, 2005 06:50 pm

Hi all!!

The Atlanta walk went well, too! The weather was downright gorgeous; we're having a cool spring this year, so the high today was only 77, which made for glorious morning walking weather.

We had 21 registered walkers, plus their kids! It was a neat little group, and we vowed to make it even bigger next year.

We had 7 walkers register on-site, we had about $1200 in donations, and we raised $90 through our silent auction. I just plugged ALL of the numbers into my spreadsheet, and taking into account all of our expenses, we made about $1500 net here in Georgia!!! That almost triples what I thought I would be able to get when I set out to do this a few months ago.

I can't WAIT to hear how ALL the walks went!

Major congrats to everyone. You ladies (and men!) are fabulous.

Now I'm going to go crawl back onto the sofa, where I spent most of the afternoon...does anyone else feel like about 10 years' worth of adrenaline has suddenly left their bodies??

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator
Moderator - Pregnant Again

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)
aimeejane

Postby mom2tori » Sat May 07, 2005 08:41 pm

Hey ladies!!! Our walk here in WI turned out great! We had almost 50 walkers with almost a dozen on-site registrations. The weather was beautiful! The quick count gave us a total of close to $3000! Of course that was just a quick count so it could be a little different when it is actually carefully counted through and everything is added up. We weren't as organized as I would have liked but it was a great day and we were all busy talking to each other(many people that didn't know each other until today) I was very impressed with how supportive everyone was. The star charms didn't go as well as I had hoped but I told everyone I would have them for a little bit yet so hopefully this week I will be able to talk some more people into them. We had a mini bake sale and that went well. Set up and clean up went smoothly and quickly. I was extremely nervous this morning but as I began to meet people and things were going well I relaxed quite a bit. We had several people who had to drive to get here-it was nice that they were able to make it. I think overall the whole walk went incredibly well considering I have never done anything like this before. I had a LOT of help and will never be able to thank everyone enough.

Alissa mommy to:
Dominic 9/10/97-9/11/97 @ 28 weeks
Victoria 1/8/02 @ 30 weeks
mom2tori

Postby molly419 » Sun May 08, 2005 06:25 am

Hi Everyone! Our walk in Grand Rapids, MI turned out well! We had great weather for the walk, and 38 people came out to support preeclampsia. Between donations and the items that we held for the silent auction, we made $620.00. Thanks to Jennifer and her husband Rob, we had an incrediable amount of donated snacks and drinks. We had an awesome time, and a lot of support from those who came out. The whole walk in general went well, considering this was Jennifers and my own first walk. Of course, there are things that we will do different next year, but all in all I am very proud of everyone who has put their time and energy into making this walk and all the walks around the nation such a success!

Molly(24)
Sam(27)
Abigail (14 months) born at 25 weeks, 1lb 1oz. due to preeclampsia and HELLP
molly419

Postby annegarrett » Sun May 08, 2005 05:57 pm

I am sure Heather and Tennille have or will post but wanted to share about the Iowa walk because I was able to get there. Arrived in Chicago at 11:45 p.m. and then rented a car and drove (3 hours + 1 hour getting lost!) to Davenport where I arrived at 4:15 a.m. I slept a bit and then Heather and Tennille picked me up at 7:30 a.m. and we went to the walk. The weather was gorgeous. We had about 300 people--mostly family and friends of the Warners and Bridgewaters--including people who drove up from St. Louis and met three HELLP survivors Megan, Mary and Kelly, who took the time to say hi. Heather and Tennille just did a fabulous job--the local newspaper were sponsors, Channel 6 interviewed the girls and Brenda, Shelly's mother, and there was a ton of food donated. The morning started with Jazzercize (what a cool idea!) along the Mississippi River. For me it was so incredibly moving--given that I remember registering the url "preeclampsia.org" and working with a friend who designed the logo to pick up the font and colors--then to be standing in the morning sun by the Mississippi and talking to 300 some people from Iowa--well it was really more moving than words can describe. Estimates were that we raised about $6,000 but don't know yet. The best part was my dad, 77, surprised me by driving 3 hours out from Des Moines to see me and got to join me at a BBQ at the Warner's farm nearby. I think I got some sleep--made it home safely but quite the journey. Spent four hours in Memphis while they fixed the brakes and tire on the plane...but managed to get home for a few hours of time with my boys for Mother's Day. Thank you all...I couldn't be more proud of everyone. I am stunned, really.

Thank you so.

Anne Garrett
Founder/Spokeswoman
Preeclampsia Foundation

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe Official Word!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

291 walkers
Walker funds raised (registration fees + donations) = $5,325
Sponsorships ($500 Genesis, $500 Trinity, $500 NW Bank and $150 Genzyme) = $1650
Estimated TOTAL = $6,975!!!!

Also, John and Brenda have a few more checks to send it, and Brad is
planning to sell extra tshirts at school in Iowa Falls.

Thanks - hope all of the other walks went well too!

Heather and Tennille

annegarrett

Postby tommysmommy21004 » Sun May 08, 2005 06:59 pm

Congratulations, Ladies!! So glad to hear that everything went well with WAT!!

Deanna Smith-Powers (30)
Tom (29)

Mommy to Thomas James, b.2/10/04 @ 34 weeks due to severe pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Diagnosed with prothrombin genetic mutations-12/28/04
tommysmommy21004

Next

Return to The Promise Walk for Preeclampsia